Question

NLZ Student
Student
NLZ
Message 1 of 5 (2,584 Views)

Wireless button stuck on orange

I'm having some difficulties getting Wireless Internet access on my HP Pavailion ET PC Notebook. I have the button pressed to the right side, where the light should be showing blue. The light remains orange, therefor not allowing me to connect to the Internet. Occassionally though, I'll leave my laptop on all night to wake up and see it's changed to blue, and the Internet will work fine. But as I turn it off again to restart it, it will go back to orange and stay there. I have absolutely no idea what is wrong with it, hoping someone can help me out

Product: HP Pavilion dv6000  (dv6402ca)

Thanks

Honor Student
tunzo17
Message 2 of 5 (2,567 Views)

Re: Wireless button stuck on orange

I am experiencing this same problem on a dv9010us notebook.  I have gone into device manager, and the wireless card doesn't seem to be showing up.  I tried replacing the card, but the problem persists.  Any help or advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!
Tutor
tdlterence
Message 3 of 5 (2,517 Views)

you can check if your notebook is part of the HPLEP. Verify the product and serial number of your notebook.. check this website:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01087277&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

Student
I-am-PJ
Message 4 of 5 (2,471 Views)

I really wish that HP would own up and sort this problem out. I have recently been suffering from it with my HP G6031EA, which is normally unaffected by this known problem. However, upon searching the internet I have seen this problem is incredibly widespread with very little, if any, success in eradicating it.

So please, if anybody does know a fool-proof way of fixing it, I would love to know. I have countlessly updated drivers, flashed the BIOS, system restores and system recovery, all to no avail.

I think that it is criminal that HP have let such flawed product be sold especially without an explanation of how to fix this!!!!!!

Tutor
tdlterence
Message 5 of 5 (2,432 Views)

whats the P/N and S/N of the nb?try to look from the white sticket on the bottom of the nb

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation