Wireless button (1614 Views)
Honor Student
ibebruce
Message 1 of 4 (1,614 Views)
Accepted Solution

Wireless button

[ Edited ]
I have a hp pavilion and I cant find the button to turn on the wireless feature. Stupid question I know, but I am fed up with this "hidden" button. My documentation said it should be on the top area on the far right at the same level of the power button. I sure dont see it. Is there some combo keys you are supposed to push? I can connect wired but not wireless until i find this button. Any help would be appreciated.

Intern
HP_T3CH
Message 2 of 4 (1,593 Views)

Re: Wireless button

Hi,

Try this...

Do you see the wireless light? if wireless is not on wireless light is amber/ orange..

Try pushing that amber light itself.. see if it will change color to blue or white..

In new hp laptops the light itself is the button..

Hope this helps..

Honor Student
ibebruce
Message 3 of 4 (1,491 Views)

Thanks, that turned out to be it. The light was on the top row with the volume and power button. The light was indeed amber, pressing it turned to blue and it has worked since.

Honor Student
SandyJay
Message 4 of 4 (357 Views)

I know this is a little late but for those people who have an amber wireless light and pushing on it does not turn it to blue, this is your answer.  To turn you light back to blue which indicates your wireless settings have been deactivated, do the following:  Under Contol Panel, click on Mobile PC, then click on Windows Mobility Center, then click on the Intergrated Wireless Icon, you will now be in the HP Wireless Assistant and can turn your wireless devices (e.g., wireless lan, bluetooth, etc.) on again.  Hope this helps someone, it certainly did me because I couldn't figure it out for a long time until I went to HP's support page for my Pavilion notebook. I have a HP Pavilion dv4-1275mx.   

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation