03-09-2013 04:37 AM
Elitebook 8730W. Intel WiFi Link 5300 AGN and Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter are both not connected. Have confirmed that BIOS is enabling WLAN, and latest HP drivers have been installed.
How do I turn on my wireless?
03-09-2013 08:19 AM
You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue.
1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on.
2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on.
3) Try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine.
4) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website.
5) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit.
6) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.
If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.
"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
03-09-2013 01:41 PM
The hardware switch wasn't turned on, probably because it didn't look like a switch at all. You should make your switches look like switches, your lights look like lights and not confuse the two.
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)