Question

Honor Student
teenash
Message 1 of 5 (2,449 Views)

Wireless light doesn't turn on and the network drivers don't show on my HP 630 Notebook PC

I recently bought an HP 630 Notebook PC. Unfortunately my entire drive got formatted and I had to install Windows 7 Ultimate.

After the installation, my wireless isn't working anymore. The wireless light doesn't turn on and I can even find what the network adaptor is so that I can download the drivers.

However the Notebook works when connected via ethernet.

Please Help.

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 2 of 5 (2,444 Views)

Re: Wireless light doesn't turn on and the network drivers don't show on my HP 630 Notebook PC

teenash wrote:

I recently bought an HP 630 Notebook PC. Unfortunately my entire drive got formatted and I had to install Windows 7 Ultimate.

After the installation, my wireless isn't working anymore. The wireless light doesn't turn on and I can even find what the network adaptor is so that I can download the drivers.

However the Notebook works when connected via ethernet.

Please Help.

Hi,

It's a common problem. You have formatted a hard drive then installed a fresh system but the system is missing some drivers because these are not included in the installation disk of the operating system. Go to the Device Manager (Control Panel/Hardware) and have a look what devices are unknown. Then use this:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-find-unknown-device-drivers-by-their-vendor-device-id/

to find out what the wireless card (any device) is..

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
Testing - HP 15-p000
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Honor Student
teenash
Message 3 of 5 (2,427 Views)

Re: Wireless light doesn't turn on and the network drivers don't show on my HP 630 Notebook PC

Hi thanks for your response.

In device manager, under network adaptors it's showing Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and under Other Devices there is Network Controller and PCI Device.

What should I do?

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 4 of 5 (2,424 Views)

teenash wrote:

Hi thanks for your response.

In device manager, under network adaptors it's showing Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and under Other Devices there is Network Controller and PCI Device.

What should I do?

The Realtek is probably an ethernet card so tell me what the network controller from the Other Devices is, please..

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
Testing - HP 15-p000
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Student
sonalidc
Message 5 of 5 (2,197 Views)

i am using a HP 630 notebook. i bought it a few days ago. i cannot find wireless devices on it. the wireless button doesnt function. its turned orange all the time. please help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation