Question

Top Student
DaveWBuf
Message 1 of 9 (9,002 Views)

Wireless no longer functioning - Pavilion dv6700

I have Pavilion dv6700 model #dv6915nr running Windows Vista Home. The wifi is no longer working.  I flick the switch on the front and light stays orange.  I click HP Wireless Asst in Control Panel nothing happens. Won't detct anything when I try to add wireless device. Any help would be appreciated.

Honor Student
gidget
Message 2 of 9 (8,993 Views)

Re: Wireless no longer functioning - Pavilion dv6700

I have the same problem except I have a compaq presario f500. It happened about 3 days ago and the only way I get internet access is if I'm plugged in with the ethernet cord. 

Student
debrasuekayrile
Message 3 of 9 (8,947 Views)

I have the same problem except I have a G70 467CL. It happened about 3 days ago and the only way I get internet access is if I'm plugged in with the ethernet cord.   We got gremlins!

Top Student
DaveWBuf
Message 4 of 9 (8,856 Views)

Can anyone offer help?

Honor Student
azabita
Message 5 of 9 (8,848 Views)

I have the same exact problem as DaveWBuf and flicking the switch on remains orange.

My HP is a pavilion dv6233se (product # RP158UA#ABA) and it's a few years old.

I am currently connected to the internet directly with my cable modem.

Is there a possibility that downloading the wireless adapter drivers (if possible) will solve this problem?

Is there a way of resolving this?

Can someone please offer assistance, esp. light of several other users experiencing the same problem?

TIA!

Student
Clover9
Message 6 of 9 (8,826 Views)

Wireless no longer functioning - Pavilion dv9000

I have the exact same problem, but I have a HP Pavilion dv9000 (product number: GL892UA#ABL). Like everyone else, I need an ethernet cable to connect to the internet, because wireless is no longer being detected on my computer.

It happened completely randomly, using my computer fine the morning of April 01, 2011, shut it off with no issues, next morning, Saturday, April 02, 2011, I turn on my computer and there's no wireless detection.

Sadly my warranty is expired. I did have this exact same issue a few years ago, something that HP had known about and so I was able to send my computer in to get fixed at no cost to myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Honor Student
Duane39
Message 7 of 9 (8,745 Views)

I also have a Pavillion dv6000. The wifi quit working so I went to Device Manager, double left clicked on Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN, then Driver and Update Driver. It worked but would switch back and forth from WLAN ASSIST on to WLAN ASSIST disabled. Concluded two WLAN assists were competing so went to start menu and deleted WLAN ASSIST.....everything has worked fine now for 4-5 days.

Intern
pustekuchencake
Message 8 of 9 (8,710 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the/a solution! Please read my post HERE. However it's not for your specific device, but it should "solve" your problems. Please make sure to download not the software/drivers listed in my post but the software/drivers for your specific notebook.

In short: your solution should/could be the HP Wireless Assistant! It can revive your wireless (button). Therefore read my link above...

Honor Student
pscprinter2110
Message 9 of 9 (1,233 Views)

I have a solution.

After looking at videos where a guy had to take his computer apart to fix it, I simply restored my dv6700 to factory settings (i.e. deleted everything on it) and it worked like a charm.

To do so, start up your computer and press "f11" at the black screen. From there a program will guide you through the steps to restore your computer to its original factory settings. You might want to back up some files before you do this.

Cons: As with any reformat, it of course is a pain in the ass to sit through the inductory pages since your computer thinks its being opened for the first time. You also have to download some updates which took me about 2-3 hours to download in total. Although annoying, it did get my wireless back on track, which is how i'm able to type this.

Best of luck. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation