Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I have a HP 620 Notebook PC with a Ralink RT3090 WLAN module incorporated, working on windows 7 ultimate.

The wireless button is stuck on "off" (the orange light is always there). When i go into device manager, there is no driver installed for wireless. In BIOS, all wireless options are enabled.

I have installed various drivers, including ralink, atheros, intel. For most of them the installation would not complete. The HP wireless assistant only displays the bluetooth device, not the wireless one.

Can this problem be fixed?

Thanks for your help.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue.

1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on.

2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on.

3) Try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine.

4) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website.

5) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit.

6) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.

If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Hi,

Am having the same problem on my HP 620 Notebook and dont know what to do... Trying all sort of stuff but still nothing cant change the wireless button to white it just keeps on being orange and saying bluetooth disabled and not even a word for wireless device... Please help me as i really dont know what to do... 😕

HP Recommended
Mine was somehow blocked in Ubuntu (plenty of threads on that), but also under Win 7. Talking about some hardware block. Turn off, remove battery, push power-on for 20 seconds a few times, reset bios. If these do not work (worked for me once), the last resort is to open up the back and remove the battery next to the wireless module under a large sheet of plastic. I had to pry it out and put it back somehow...without removing the plastic. Anyway this works. I figure it is some kind of permanent block bit that resets when removing the button battery. Hope this helps someone still having the issue. Note that after the first method, wifi worked fine under win7, but went away on its own under win 7. And I thought this was caused by Ubuntu.
HP Recommended
please I need driver for my hp620 network adapters
HP Recommended

Check here more generally: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-620-notebook-pc/4158863

You will need to get the drivers on another computer and copy them over to your hp 620 laptop and install. If you have newer Windows than Win 7 than I am not sure what to do. 

HP Recommended
thnx, I appreciate
HP Recommended
thnx, really appreciate. I hope it works...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.