Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP mini 210-2177nr
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP Wireless only works after restart. I shut down my laptop, then start up later and exactly the same happens: first try, no connectivity, restart: everything works. Weird, right?  I restart my laptop, and voila: everything is working as soon as I log in. Every time.

This has happened with my HP netbooks and notebooks yet rarely - I wonder what change can cause this sometimes or other brands for example my Toshiba.

I have already tried updating to the latest wireless drivers available but that didn't fix it. Anyone know why.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

When I tried Windows 10 preview I do not have this problem - it starts up every time.

It appears to be software related.

Thanks for the Link -  HP PCs - Troubleshooting your wireless network and Internet connection (Windows 7)

What did Windows 10 do to solve the problem ?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @kaibigan284 ,

Thank you for your query.

I grasp that you are having an issue with your wireless.   I am not sure if this happens only with the HP notebooks or other brands as well such as Toshiba.

Please check this setting.

Right click on computer and choose manager

Double click on Device Manager

Click on the network adapter to expand the list

Right click on the adapter and choose properties

Click power management

If allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is checked please uncheck it.

Here is a link to HP PCs - Troubleshooting your wireless network and Internet connection (Windows 7)

Is this a recent change or have you always had this issue?

Do you have this issue if you try to connect to a different network at a friends house or a hot spot?

Have you had your Internet provider check your network?

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

When I tried Windows 10 preview I do not have this problem - it starts up every time.

It appears to be software related.

Thanks for the Link -  HP PCs - Troubleshooting your wireless network and Internet connection (Windows 7)

What did Windows 10 do to solve the problem ?

HP Recommended

Hi @kaibigan284,

Thank you for your reply, I hope you had a great weekend!

I have no way to know what changed.  I can only assume it changed a setting somewhere that resolved the difficulty.

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.