Question

Tutor
Carolkk
Message 1 of 11 (3,842 Views)

Wireless stop working on my laptop hp pavilion dv3000. I'm using Windows Vista

Hello,

My notebook laptop hp pavilion dv3000 with Windows Vista used to be able to connect to wireless internet perfectly. Recently, I tried connecting my notebook my home wireless modem, although there is a blue light indicating that my wireless is switched on, I still unable to connect to the Internet. Then , I took my notebook to places like starbucks, coffeebean ect. where they provide free wifi. Even at this places I'm unable to use the wireless Internet with my notebook. However with a usb cable plug in with the same home wireless modem that I have, I can connect to the Internet perfectly. Just with wireless, it does not work.

Please help me !

Thanks very much,

Carolina.

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 2 of 11 (3,808 Views)

Re: Wireless stop working on my laptop hp pavilion dv3000. I'm using Windows Vista

Hi,

Tell us more information about the laptop: What wireless card (Device Manager), what kind of firewall and antivirus you have and software changes recently, if any..

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Tutor
Carolkk
Message 3 of 11 (3,806 Views)

Re: Wireless stop working on my laptop hp pavilion dv3000. I'm using Windows Vista

Hello,

The model of my laptop is hp pavilion dv3000.

Wireless card (device manager) is Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN

I'm using a normal Microsofy Security Essentials and Norton Antivirus ( the block for WiFi is off).

I have not done any software changes the laptop is as it is. My operating system is Windows Vista.

I usually run the normal windows update and the hp updates, that's all and suddenly my WiFi is not

working. Maybe something when wrong during the updates since the last time I ran the windows updates,

my laptop was producing no sound and I had help at this forum. I hope I can get help for this matter too.

Thanks very much.

Carolina.

Tutor
Carolkk
Message 4 of 11 (3,805 Views)

sorry this follows in regards to the message before this. I went through "device manager", I notice this error message

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

I was just wondering if this is related to the WiFi since it's under the same link in device manager "network adapters".

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks very much.

Carolina.

Tutor
Carolkk
Message 5 of 11 (3,803 Views)

the device that is not working properly is named " 6TO4 Adapter". Sorry i forgot to include in the previous email.

Tutor
Carolkk
Message 6 of 11 (3,797 Views)

Re: Wireless stop working on my laptop hp pavilion dv3500. I'm using Windows Vista

Hello,

I did a proper investigation and found that 6T04 adapter and ISATAP adapter are both not functioning, both has a yellow rectangle box with a black exclamation mark in it. I click on "check for solution online", after several minutes I received a message saying " microsoft is determine that 6T04 adapter is up to date" but there is still a yellow rectangle box beside it.

Again my model: hp pavilion dv3500 notebook pc.

O.S. Microsoft Vista Home (32)

Please help.

Carolina.

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 7 of 11 (3,790 Views)

Re: Wireless stop working on my laptop hp pavilion dv3500. I'm using Windows Vista

It looks like some update for Vista caused the issue. However, I would install the newest Intel drivers..

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&Product...

See this: http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-microsoft-6to4-adapter-298519.html

and

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/itprovistahardware/thread/3c7de6f8-afb7-4d90-8d1f-5...

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Tutor
Carolkk
Message 8 of 11 (3,784 Views)

I read some of the posted up from the link you gave me. However, one of them mentioned that he had to uninstall the 6T0A Adapter from Safe Mode. I'm not sure, do I have to do that as well? Im unable to uninstall the 6T04 Adapter with the yellow rectangle box with a exclamation mark. I manage to delete the  Isatap adapter that also had a yellow rectangle box with a exclamation mark in it.

I downloaded the the Intel link that you provided me, but nothing happens.

Since, Control Panel>Device Manage> Network Adapter > 1. 6T04 Adapter 2. Intel (R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN 3: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.

So, What do I do now? I really hope you can help me.

Thanks,

Carolina.

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 9 of 11 (3,773 Views)

Try to boot to the safe mode (press F8 at startup) and uninstall it if you will able. I would also uninstall the HP Support Assistant and other HP crapware which should help you to manage the system. The HP Support Assistant (I think) blocks attempts to install propriate drivers for hardware like graphics cards and wireless cards..

I would perform a fresh install (or factory reset) myself but I don't know if you have the recovery disks..

Student
TimFogarty
Message 10 of 11 (1,145 Views)

I am following the professor's advice to Carolina, except my hp pavilion is a dv6700. I cannot find a "wireless card" under device manager. Can you tell me where / how I might find this, plus any other info needed to offer some solution(s)? Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation