Question

Honor Student
bavill79
Message 1 of 3 (535 Views)

Wireless turned off...but isn't?!?!

Hi there

I have a HP 6830s. I have tried to connect to my wireless network and having some issues.

When I search for my office Wireless Network it says that it cannot find any. My colleague is having no problems and I am now wired directly in to the router by a cable and am able to connect to the internet. I can therefore assume that there is no problem with either the router or the connection to the internet itself.

When I diagnose the problem I get a message saying that Wireless Capability is turned off. My wireless button next to the power button is On, when I look in Control Panel -> HP Wireless Assistant it says Wireless LAN is turned On.

I have tried two restarts of my machine and this hasn't corrected it (unfortunately my skills of fixing a laptop run out once turning it off and on again fails).

Thanks

Ian

Student
clairebot
Message 2 of 3 (492 Views)

Re: Wireless turned off...but isn't?!?!

Mine is doing the same thing. I've noticed it doing it when I shut the lid while the computer is on and connected wirelessly. My little blue light is on on my wireless button (F12). It even says the WLAN is on. But then when I troulbeshoot, also, it says that I am not wirelessly connected.

Honor Student
bavill79
Message 3 of 3 (489 Views)

Re: Wireless turned off...but isn't?!?!

Mine sorted itself out eventually. Each time I scanned for networks it just said it was switched off. 

I left it for about 5 hours and then scanned again. Again nothing came up so clicked diagnose. This time it said "Wireless is Turned Off. Click to repair?" When I clicked it fixed it.

Crazy!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation