Question

Top Student
sltyler1
Message 1 of 8 (9,766 Views)

Wireless turns off by itself

About 3 months ago I noticed that my wifi and bluetooth started to turn itself on by itself. It does it quite at random times. So I immediately assumed some virus or trojan or such. So i ran AVG and Spybot. Nothing. I've since had the problem off and on. I just had it do it a minute ago. Without me touching it it turned off then back on twice, then back off again.

is this a hardware problem?

unrelated but my microsoft bluetooth notebook mouse 5000 cuts out for chunks of time randomly too.

thanks for any reply!

** I have a hp hdx16t-1200 just over a year old.

Student
bucksfan123
Message 2 of 8 (9,692 Views)

Re: Wireless turns off by itself

[ Edited ]

I have also had this problem for quite some time.  I tried reinstalling the wireless drivers from the website and still have this problem.

- also I have the same laptop, HP HDX 16t-1200

Student
toxober
Message 3 of 8 (9,652 Views)

схожая трабла с ноутом HP probook 4515s

Ничего не делают HP для своих покупателей, переискал тонну информации по поводу этой проблемы - ничего толком не нашел, сами по себе пропадают драйвера на wifi, их тупо нету и как результат - нету сети и интернета!!

Intern
L3stat
Message 4 of 8 (9,635 Views)

Hi, since you were able to download the wireless driver on the website please include downloading the quicklaunch button and the bios update. Sometimes the quicklaunch buttons (power button , wireless button ..etc) is so sensitive that you need to update them so that they will not toggle by themselves..

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please hit the KUDOS star if my post was helpful..
Honor Student
matko
Message 5 of 8 (9,467 Views)

You're waisting your time. It's a hardware problem (keyboard) and you have to send it in for repair (2 wks).

Either return it back to the store and get another brand or wait 2 wks. I'll never buy HP again.

Student
gt1135
Message 6 of 8 (9,241 Views)

He is right.  This is most definitely a hardware problem.  No matter what OS or driver I load the problem still exists.  I have an HDX 16 as well and have had this issue for a long time.  For me, I've found that when I start having the problem if I shut the system all the way down as opposed to a reboot or sleep /hibernate when I boot it up after that the problem is clear for a while.  It always comes back though.  I wish I could just disable the entire quick touch panel but I can't.  I've tried disabling the service, killing the process, uninstalling the quick launch software but nothing seems to work.  I've done my best to get used to it, but I doubt I'll be buying another HP laptop.

Top Student
daryleboni
Message 7 of 8 (9,229 Views)

I have the same issue. 

Its been said that if you hibernate your PC too long, when you resume windows... your HP wireless is 'confused'. Try restarting or hibernating again and resuming immediately after. Sometimes this works for me, sometimes it doesn't. But my HP is so screwed it could be anything. Also, if your bluetooth isnt working either, you could have a problem with your wireless. Check for updates and update BIOS and anything related to HP wireless assistant, connectivity, etc.

Student
Guilden_NL
Message 8 of 8 (7,349 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation