Question

Teacher
ud_pronay
Message 1 of 44 (11,855 Views)
Accepted Solution

bluetooth peripheral device not found for compaq cq-42

hi,

i have purchased a new laptop compaq cq42-173tu and i have installed windows 7 ultimate. i am having problem in using bluetooh. whenever i try  to connect it says "BLUETOOTH PERIPHERAL DEVICE DRIVER NOT FOUND" pls help by provinding me with the correct driver for my laptop? thank you

PRESARIO CQ42-173TU, intel core i3-330m 2.13 Ghz processor, windows 7 ultimate (32bit) os
Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 44 (11,841 Views)

Re: bluetooth peripheral device not found for compaq cq-42

This is not an issue with Bluetooth Hardware Driver on your unit, but to do with Driver related to Bluetooth Device that you are trying to connect...So check with the Bluetooth device vendor...

In my experiance, that has been an issue with nokia phones...never been able to get the driver the specife service.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Teacher
ud_pronay
Message 3 of 44 (11,813 Views)

I NEED THE CORRECT SUPPORTED BLUETOOTH DRIVER FOR MY DEVICE.PLEASE PROVIDE ME WITH THAT.

PRESARIO CQ42-173TU, intel core i3-330m 2.13 Ghz processor, windows 7 ultimate (32bit) os
Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 4 of 44 (11,809 Views)

As per the specs of your unit...it does not come with bluetooth preconfigured... http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01570601&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

To get the drivers, you will need to provide some information on bluetooth device used...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Teacher
ud_pronay
Message 5 of 44 (11,805 Views)

hey thanks for your immediate responses. i really appretiate that. ok .what information you want to know? tell me. i let you know!!!!!!

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 6 of 44 (11,792 Views)

OK, to start with are you using a external bluetooth dongle/adapter? the reason i ask this question is because system does not come with a built-in one

Teacher
ud_pronay
Message 7 of 44 (11,790 Views)

OK.SEE I AM USING A COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ42-173TU NOTEBOOK PC.  IT COMES WITH IN-BUILT BLUETOOTH. I AM NOT USING ANY EXTERNAL ADAPTER FOR BLUETOOTH. MY BLUETOOTH IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY. WINDOWS SHOWS BLUETOOTH PERIPHERAL DEVICE DRIVER NOT INSTALLED. AND WINDOWS COULDN'T FIND IT AND I ALSO DIDN'T GET THE DRIVER ON HP'S SITE. HOWEVER,I HAVE GOT HP WIRELESS ASSSISTANT BUT ITS A SOFTWARE.IT ALSO DIDNT HELPED. SO I JUST NEED THE CORRECT BLUETOOTH DRVER FOR WINDOWS 7 32-BIT OS (i.e ALSO SHOULD BE COMPAITABLE WITH MY COMPAQ LAPTOP) 

THANK YOU

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 8 of 44 (11,786 Views)

[ Edited ]

My Apologies...I was looking at wrong product spec....

So if you open up device manager, do you see, an entry related to bluetooth radio, as below plus you are seeing those yellow /!\ bluetooth peripheral device...Correct?

If the bluetooth radio is not there in device manager, here is driver for the bluetooth device... ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50001-50500/sp50180.exe

bluetooth.png

Teacher
ud_pronay
Message 9 of 44 (11,764 Views)

Re: bluetooth peripheral device not found for compaq presario cq42-173tu

I OPENED MY DEVICE MANAGER,AND I DON'T  SEE ANY ENTRY RELATED TO BLUETOOTH RADIO.AND YES I SEE THESE YELLOW / ! \ BUT I SEE THIS WHEN I OPEN (SHOW BLUETOOTH DEVICES) IN THE BLUETOOTH ICON WHICH MEANS MY BLUETOOTH DEVICE NEEDS TROUBLESHOOTING.

AND YES IN MY LAPTOP UNDER THE TOPIC OTHER DEVICES (IN DEVICE MANAGER) ITS SHOWING PCI SIMPLE COMMUNICATION CONTROLLER WITH THIS YELOW / ! \.

OK.

NOW WHAT SHOULD  I DO?

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 10 of 44 (11,761 Views)

Re: bluetooth peripheral device not found for compaq presario cq42-173tu

OK, for PCI simple Communication install this driver - ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48617.exe

On the Bluetooth Radio not present/listed in device manager, you will need to 1st turn the wireles button on and than check, was the wireless button on when we checked in device manager?

After the turning the wireless button on, if you are not getting bluetooth radio, I would suggest download bluetooth driver from here and check... ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50001-50500/sp50180.exe

One other thing, Do you see something like this when you open "Show Bluetooth devices"? I am refering to X6 with /!\

892i82EAC06D4FEF8A3B

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation