Question

Honor Student
1989ross
Message 1 of 11 (2,642 Views)

compaq cq60 connection problems.

ive got a compaq presario cq60 and im having problems connecting to my wireless router. constatntly getting a local only connection but when connected through a cable it works fine. anyone help?? my ps3 has connected fine, a few forums online and there seems to be a few people with the same problem. running a netgear n150 if that helps.thanks

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 11 (2,635 Views)

Re: compaq cq60 connection problems.

Hi,
Welcome to the HP Forum!

1989ross wrote:

ive got a compaq presario cq60 and im having problems connecting to my wireless router. constatntly getting a local only connection but when connected through a cable it works fine. anyone help?? my ps3 has connected fine, a few forums online and there seems to be a few people with the same problem. running a netgear n150 if that helps.thanks

Please identify your notebook/pc .

Look at the base/rear/side of the notebook/pc at the barcoded sticker.

Post item number 2 as seen on the following example of an HP notebook's barcoded sticker. The barcode on your HP product may be slightly different in appearance, but will still have the important information needed for us to help you.  

###Do not post the serial number of your product as it is personal information.###
c01931836.gif
Post the installed operating system version (state whether it is 32 or 64-bit ) and the CPU as an AMD or Intel product

Is your notebook/PC still within its warranty period?

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
1989ross
Message 3 of 11 (2,632 Views)

Its is compaq # cq60-420sa. Its an amd athlon x2 64 bit.thanks
Provost
erico
Message 4 of 11 (2,627 Views)

[ Edited ]

the operating system is?

Use the router's web interface (http://routerlogin.net ) Unless you have changed the factory default the username is admin and password is admin.  Ensure that it is broadcasting in mixed mode (transmitting 802.11G and 802.11n). If the router is broadcasting at N transmission rates then you do have a problem since the built-in wireless on the laptop can't communicate at that speed. 

You might find it simpler to use Windows wireless zero config than Netgear's utility.

Is the wireless on? (is the led on the keyboard that indicates wireless on and blue) 

regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Honor Student
1989ross
Message 5 of 11 (2,624 Views)

Windows vista home. Not premium or basic. Its past its warranty period now I think
Provost
erico
Message 6 of 11 (2,623 Views)

[ Edited ]

what is the model number of your netgear router? Nevermind. I found it (WNR1000)

Is the led #4  (it is the i icon) on solid green?

You can acces the router web interface by typing

http://routerlogin.net and then pressing enter.  

The default user name and password is: admin for both

the default SSID is NETGEAR

WPS is not supported by your notebook's WLAN card.

Initially set the router up without security and once connectivity has been verified change it to WPA and create a password with four letters and four digits. It is wise to use one capitol letter. Save the password to your router in a notepad text file in your My documents folder. 

Now you can right click the wireless icon in the systray, view available wireless connections and select Netgear. Put in the password you selected and then your notebook should connect if you put the proper password in.

Here is a link to the manual for your netgear WNR1000 wireless router.

regards,

erico

regards,

erico

Top Student
ramin1360
Message 7 of 11 (673 Views)

[ Edited ]

i see new problem with special laptop

model is compaq  presario CQ60 -300EO

sn:[Personal Information Removed]

Sticker ""WIFI certified""

wlan : atheros ar5007 802.11 bg

everything is ok

but when we want connect to internet  through any Browser :

ask Cetificated  i instal all  kind windows problem is remain

and in page is https like welcome page of face book : show simple text without any logo or ...

what is problems?

this below page always for change the certified  but for this lapto infact at first start to put

certified in to browser

can you help how can solvd this problem specially https  problem in face book ?

cert.png

Top Student
ramin1360
Message 8 of 11 (640 Views)

[ Edited ]

please some body answer  my post and question

its strange inever seen till now

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 9 of 11 (612 Views)

Hi ramin1360. If your notebook is the only device experiencing issues connecting to your Internet, then clearly it is a configuration issue of some nature. I have found a few documents specific to not being able to access secure web sites (HTTPS). The first one has a few strategies, that might fix the issue. If it doesn't, even though the second article is specific to IE, go ahead and follow those steps. Make sure you test it then restart your computer and then test it again, after trying a projected fix.
Cannot Access Secure Sites
You cannot log in to or connect to secured Web sites in Internet Explorer

If none of those solutions work, can you verify which version of Windows you are using?
Which Windows operating system am I running?

Let me know how it turns out.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
ramin1360
Message 10 of 11 (607 Views)

in first page face show like image

in youtube  google  yahoo ask for new certified after set new cetified

it will be work nomral except https  but for face is different

in sticker  on this laptop mention "wifi certified"

4-14-2014 8-46-28 PM.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation