Question

Honor Student
63dbt
Message 1 of 4 (244 Views)

d4100y wireless adapter

I have a Pavillion D4100y PC.

Yesterday, I purchased an Officejet Pro 8600 with wireless capabilities.

I currently have the printer connected to the pc by USB.

I'd like to be able to use it wireless so my phone & another laptop can have access to it.

Is there a wireless adapter fo the pc that will let me do this?

Thanks.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (239 Views)

Re: d4100y wireless adapter

Hi,

HP d4100y is a CTO machine therefore I can't find its full information how we can add a PCI wireless card to it. Other option is to use USB wireless adapter such as one of the following ones:

http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/products/Technology/Networking/Wireless-USB-Adapters

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
63dbt
Message 3 of 4 (231 Views)

Thanks!

I'm green as grass when it comes to this.

By plugging this into the usb port, would this create a wifi or work off the wifi form my att-uverse?

Any recommendations?

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 4 (221 Views)

Hi,

It should come with a CD which contain driver OR at least information which shows you where to get driver and may be a manual. After that, the setup should be the same as on other machines such as a laptop with builtin wireless card.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation