Question

Student
permaculture
Message 1 of 2 (1,182 Views)

detecting wireless card in presario 2200 notebook?

hello. i have inherited a laptop and i can't figure out whether it has a wireless card or not. my friend said that he was almost positive that this model (Compaq Presario 2200 laptop) would have a wireless card. He had me download a wireless driver (had never even heard of one of these before). i did so but still cannot figure out how to connect it to the wireless network in my house. Although I am not extremely computer savvy, I have worked with several different laptops in the past and have never found it difficult to figure out how to connect to the web. Please advise. If it turns out that the computer does not have a wireless card, what are some possible ways to connect to the internet connection that i already have? are their routers that emit a wireless signal that you can also plug an ethernet cable into? please forgive my ignorance...i thank you for any help that you can offer.
Honor Student
Fill-up
Message 2 of 2 (1,125 Views)

Re: detecting wireless card in presario 2200 notebook?

HI,

If you look on the bottom of the computer there will be a white tag w/ a p/n number on it. Using that number you can bring up the product specs. of the notebook wich will tell you if it shipped w/ a wireless card.

If it doesn't have a wireless card, most router manufactures have an adapter you can purchase to make the notebook capeable of using a wireless connection.

Every wireless router that i've ever seen has the ability of being connected to via ethernet cable.

Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation