Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

where do I find and download driver for "Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter" for pavillion dm3 win7 64bit. The diagnostic says this driver is problematic and out of date

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

perhaps the next version will fix that.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please identify your notebook.  Saying you have a dm3 notebook is a bit like saying you have a car and it is a Chevrolet. That is just not  specific enough. 

Remove the battery and find the product name and product number. Include all alphanumeric characters and post it in your thread.

nce you provide that information we will be able to so  bit of research and see if there is an updated driver available. You will need to look in the Device Manager and state which wireless notebook adapter is installed. 

The diagnostic that you are concerned about is actually really nothing to worry about. The latest driver should help by providing a new virtual miniport driver. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

product number VJ254EA#B1A

model dm3-1010ev

atheros ar9285 802.11b/g/n wifi adapter

THANKS 

HP Recommended

The most current version is on this web support page

HP Recommended

Thanks, the installation worked fine but ... the diagnostic is still the same "not binding automatically ...". I guess is unimportant.

My "standard" (not virtual miniport) connection works fine.

HP Recommended

perhaps the next version will fix that.

HP Recommended

@NK1 wrote:

where do I find and download driver for "Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter" for pavillion dm3 win7 64bit. The diagnostic says this driver is problematic and out of date

HP Recommended

hi

HP Recommended

The Microsoft Virtual wifi miniport adapter is a new part of the Windows 7 networking technology that virtualizes your network adapter.

The concept is explained quite nicely at  helpdeskgeek.com  in this article

HP Recommended

mine is presario
product number : XP507PA#UUF
MODEL : CQ42-28070

and  there stated broadcom BCM92070MD_REF

can u help me?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.