download driver for Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter for pavillion dm3 win7 64bit (88846 Views)
NK1 Top Student
Top Student
NK1
Message 1 of 18 (88,846 Views)
Accepted Solution

download driver for Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter for pavillion dm3 win7 64bit

where do I find and download driver for "Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter" for pavillion dm3 win7 64bit. The diagnostic says this driver is problematic and out of date

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 18 (88,842 Views)

Re: download driver for Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter for pavillion dm3 win7 64bit

Hi,

Please identify your notebook.  Saying you have a dm3 notebook is a bit like saying you have a car and it is a Chevrolet. That is just not  specific enough. 

Remove the battery and find the product name and product number. Include all alphanumeric characters and post it in your thread.

nce you provide that information we will be able to so  bit of research and see if there is an updated driver available. You will need to look in the Device Manager and state which wireless notebook adapter is installed. 

The diagnostic that you are concerned about is actually really nothing to worry about. The latest driver should help by providing a new virtual miniport driver. 

****If you found that my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

NK1 Top Student
Top Student
NK1
Message 3 of 18 (88,842 Views)

Re: download driver for Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter for pavillion dm3 win7 64bit

product number VJ254EA#B1A

model dm3-1010ev

atheros ar9285 802.11b/g/n wifi adapter

THANKS 

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 18 (88,837 Views)

The most current version is on this web support page

****If you found that my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****

NK1 Top Student
Top Student
NK1
Message 5 of 18 (88,834 Views)

Thanks, the installation worked fine but ... the diagnostic is still the same "not binding automatically ...". I guess is unimportant.

My "standard" (not virtual miniport) connection works fine.

Provost
erico
Message 6 of 18 (88,831 Views)

perhaps the next version will fix that.

Student
mutaz78
Message 7 of 18 (72,779 Views)

NK1 wrote:

where do I find and download driver for "Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter" for pavillion dm3 win7 64bit. The diagnostic says this driver is problematic and out of date

Student
jair22BB
Message 8 of 18 (71,171 Views)

hi

Provost
erico
Message 9 of 18 (66,938 Views)

The Microsoft Virtual wifi miniport adapter is a new part of the Windows 7 networking technology that virtualizes your network adapter.

The concept is explained quite nicely at  helpdeskgeek.com  in this article

Student
mielo_ice
Message 10 of 18 (62,782 Views)

mine is presario
product number : XP507PA#UUF
MODEL : CQ42-28070

and  there stated broadcom BCM92070MD_REF

can u help me?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation