12-06-2011 04:42 PM
I have an HP Pavilion DV5-1160us operating on Vista. I have never had problems connecting to the internet wirelessly. When I attempt to turn the WLAN on it says WLAN: ENABLED but the button remains red and there is no connectivity. Any help would be greatly appreciated
12-06-2011 05:16 PM
Try a Hard Reset as follows.
Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery. Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds. Re-insert the battery, plug in the AC Adapter and start the notebook.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)