Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

help please my hp probook 4540s wifi not working...

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The first thing to do is make sure your Driver is updated.

Two ways to do this: 

• You do it - and learn how to navigate your HP webpages
  • You give me the device information and I give you the download

I will give you the information to help yourself get and download the driver - and then gladly help you if you get stuck!

First, you need to find out what you need:

• Turn on your Wireless (press wireless button)
  • Control Panel > icon view > Device Manager > Network adapters
  • Right-Click on your WiFi adapter (Make a note of its type / name) > Properties > Details >
  • Under "Property" > Click and find "Hardware Ids" ... keep this list on the screen or make a note of contents

Install Software and Drivers from HP Website

Go to the top of the HP forum page to Support and Drivers

• If prompted, Enter your Country or Region and

• Enter your Computer Model information,

• Go to Software and Drivers...

• For the ProBooks, the extended list will include the most recent drivers and software AND the less recent versions - be sure to read and select the most recent version.

• Click into the page you want - read the Release notes, the Requirements - everything that you think is relevant.  Once you make your decision, click Download.
    • After you download the WiFi driver, scroll down to Category - Software Solutions and download the Connection Manager.  You can use that it help you get your Wireless working

Most installation packages end up in your Downloads folder.
  • Install the Software / Driver installation package(s):  If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package(s) and “double-click” to install, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.

• If you install and the version is the same, great.  Nothing lost.  You at least learned something.

=============================================================================

Here is help for checking and fixing your wireless setup:

Notebooks - Troubleshoot Internet or E-mail Connection on a Wireless Network with Windows 7

Connecting to a Network with Connection Manager 4.x

Good Luck!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

dear just open windows update center and check the most recent updates specially in optional colunm you'll surely find your driver there ...i was faccing the same problem an hour ago but now i'm working fine CHERXX

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. I bought the 4540s probook and the wireless worked fine on win7. I did the upgrade to win8 and it worked fine then too. now it shows connected but says limited and cannot get it to work. all other wireless devices we have work fine on the same access point so that is not the issue.

HP Recommended

Hello Pfarr,

You are using a business/ commercial computer, and have posted on the consumer forum. To get the best and most accurate response to your issue please post on the business/commercial forum, see the link below that will direct you to the proper location. You also may have to create a new profile.

Commercial Forums

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

i have many drivers, even downloaded from hp support but i didn't found probook 4540s network driver. i have ethernet driver, i need network driver.

core i5

2gb graphic

4gb ram

500gb hd

3120m board

HP Recommended
how can I download when the wifi isn't working in the first place? ??
HP Recommended

If u want to activet your Hp 4540s just download wifi Adapter - instsllshield wizard and Hp wireless Assistant- then u can use wifi in any windows,
( If u faild just contact with me ) [edited contact info by moderator]

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.