09-10-2012 12:36 PM
The first thing to do is make sure your Driver is updated.
Two ways to do this:
- You do it - and learn how to navigate your HP webpages
- You give me the device information and I give you the download
I will give you the information to help yourself get and download the driver - and then gladly help you if you get stuck!
First, you need to find out what you need:
- Turn on your Wireless (press wireless button)
- Control Panel > icon view > Device Manager > Network adapters
- Right-Click on your WiFi adapter (Make a note of its type / name) > Properties > Details >
- Under "Property" > Click and find "Hardware Ids" ... keep this list on the screen or make a note of contents
Install Software and Drivers from HP Website
Go to the top of the HP forum page to Support and Drivers
If prompted, Enter your Country or Region and
Enter your Computer Model information,
Go to Software and Drivers...
- For the ProBooks, the extended list will include the most recent drivers and software AND the less recent versions - be sure to read and select the most recent version.
- Click into the page you want - read the Release notes, the Requirements - everything that you think is relevant. Once you make your decision, click Download.
- After you download the WiFi driver, scroll down to Category - Software Solutions and download the Connection Manager. You can use that it help you get your Wireless working
Most installation packages end up in your Downloads folder.
Install the Software / Driver installation package(s): If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package(s) and “double-click” to install, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.
- If you install and the version is the same, great. Nothing lost. You at least learned something.
Here is help for checking and fixing your wireless setup:
09-20-2012 11:03 AM
dear just open windows update center and check the most recent updates specially in optional colunm you'll surely find your driver there ...i was faccing the same problem an hour ago but now i'm working fine CHERXX
04-30-2013 06:52 AM
I have the same issue. I bought the 4540s probook and the wireless worked fine on win7. I did the upgrade to win8 and it worked fine then too. now it shows connected but says limited and cannot get it to work. all other wireless devices we have work fine on the same access point so that is not the issue.
04-30-2013 03:13 PM
You are using a business/ commercial computer, and have posted on the consumer forum. To get the best and most accurate response to your issue please post on the business/commercial forum, see the link below that will direct you to the proper location. You also may have to create a new profile.
Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
I work for HP.
07-15-2013 03:11 AM
i have many drivers, even downloaded from hp support but i didn't found probook 4540s network driver. i have ethernet driver, i need network driver.