Question

Honor Student
vjuliana
Message 1 of 3 (629 Views)

how do I disable an internal wireless card on my laptop

how do I disable an internal wireless card on my laptop. It stopped working and I want to install a wireless adapter.

Or, perhaps an un-install, re-install would work using the resident wireless card?

Vince

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 3 (620 Views)

Re: how do I disable an internal wireless card on my laptop

Hi, Vince:

You can probably disable it by going into your BIOS (F10 at HP splash screen), and under device configurations you can change the setting for the wireless adapter from enabled to disabled.  Save the setting there (F10) and then again when you exit the BIOS.

And if it were me and the card was a hardware casualty, I would just remove it and purchase the exact replacement by doing a search by the HP part number on the card.

However I would try to get the internal card to work before resorting to such draconian measures.

What are the issues with the card? 

What model card is it? 

What model PC and operating system?

Paul

Honor Student
vjuliana
Message 3 of 3 (619 Views)

Re: how do I disable an internal wireless card on my laptop

Thanks Paul. 

Laptop is running 7, 64bit. Not sure yet which card-version, etc.  Actually its my daughters- in college. Only 2 years young and already replaced a hard drive. I must have a lemon. Trying to do this remotely. 

The netowrk access  just stopped on her after a bootup. I may try a re-install from the boot up and if no go just disable it until I can get my hands on it during break.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation