Question

Honor Student
mindymayhem
Message 1 of 62 (217,847 Views)

how do I turn on my wireless capability?

I have a laptop product # FR9204A#ABA and somehow my wireless capability got turned off. How do I turn it back on??

Thanks for your time,

Intern
bertbear50
Message 2 of 62 (217,837 Views)

Re: how do I turn on my wireless capability?

Hi,

You need to try listing your model description, again? The number you gave in your original post lists only desktop models.

On the bottom of your laptop there should be a manufacturer's plate containing all model ID info including model, part and serial numbers. We need the model number to assist you in finding a remedy for your problem?

Honor Student
mindymayhem
Message 3 of 62 (217,835 Views)

Oops I misread the pn it is  FR920U#ABA. thank you
Intern
bertbear50
Message 4 of 62 (217,822 Views)

Okay, confirming you do have the HP Compaq 6730s laptop, yes? If you do, what operating system does it have? XP? Vista? On the keyboard panel there is a wireless light and switch directly to the left of the power on/off button, is it on?
Honor Student
mindymayhem
Message 5 of 62 (217,783 Views)

First of all we might be confused about what model laptop I have, my wireless light is on the right above the keyboard and there is no switch I can find. Is there a way to turn on the wireless connectivity with some combination of keys? I think f2 might be involved. In my manual it says something about wireless and the f2 key but I can't seem to get the wireless on. I am running Vista home premium. Thank you!
Intern
bertbear50
Message 6 of 62 (217,782 Views)

Okay, the second p/n number you provided lists as the HP Compaq 6730s laptop. Is this the unit you have? Again, check the bottom of your laptop for a model #? You should see three numbers...a p/n, a serial #, and a model # using brand name followed by some alphanumeric combination.
Honor Student
mindymayhem
Message 7 of 62 (217,763 Views)

A friend of ours came by and actually hit the amber wireless light and it turned blue. It turns out that the light was the switch. Thank you for your help!
Top Student
mpizzo
Message 8 of 62 (214,936 Views)

This string really helped me! I have the same model HP laptop (6730b) and somehow the wireless capability got turned off. When I entered & held the fn + f2 keys and the system processed it for a sec (my mouse changed icons briefly), and... VOILA! Thanks!! P.S. You're right...  I don't see any actual "button" aside from my keyboard buttons, for a wireless "on/off".

Student
Edenjk
Message 9 of 62 (212,426 Views)

I have the same computer as you and cant seem to turn out my wireless capability. I have tried the fn + F2 and nothing happens. I am very frustrated! please help

Student
scaterbrain
Message 10 of 62 (211,963 Views)

Hi, I have Hp 6730s, OS windows 7. I can't turn on my wireless. I try to turn it on by pressing wireless button, but it's not working. Button is yellow all the time. Also tried fn+f2, which isn't help.

I tried to install bluetooth driver and It was canceled because "No bluetooth device was detected...".

Can anyone tell me what to do?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation