Question
how do I turn on my wireless capability?
Replies (62)

Teacher
SCTaylor
Message 41 of 63 (3,748 Views)

Re: how do I turn on my wireless capability?

That product number says that your unit is a desktop. Is that the correct product number?

I work for HP.
Please click the White Kudos star on the left to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue.
Student
BertTucson
Message 42 of 63 (3,571 Views)

I have a laptop model number FR954UA#ABA and I lost my wireless capability. How do I regain it?

Thanks

Honor Student
rstunk01
Message 43 of 63 (3,136 Views)

My sisters wifi capability somehow got turned off on her HP Pavilion and we can't get it back on. We have gone into the settings and Airplane mode isn't on and everytime we click the turn wireless devices button to turn wifi on it says "could not turn on." Can anyone tell me how to turn it back on?

Honor Student
rstunk01
Message 44 of 63 (3,133 Views)

rstunk01 wrote:

My sisters wifi capability somehow got turned off on her HP Pavilion and we can't get it back on. We have gone into the settings and Airplane mode isn't on and everytime we click the turn wireless devices button to turn wifi on it says "could not turn on." Can anyone tell me how to turn it back on?

I just restarted her computer and it fixed itself. 

Student
Auklet15
Message 45 of 63 (3,006 Views)

My Wifi capabilities are turned off. How can I turn them on? I have an HP Elitebook. 

Professor
npw05001
Message 46 of 63 (2,998 Views)

Hello Auklet15,

I see that you are having a problem with the wireless connection on your HP computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the full model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

What operating system are you using?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Top Student
manuelmatias
Message 47 of 63 (2,687 Views)

i had this problem for a few weeks and RESOLVED!!!! just download HP Connection Manager under the Software-Solution then installed it and it allowed me to turn on wireless via the software , has an off and on button and fix!!! i hope it helpful as it was for me !!

Student
sharifah26
Message 48 of 63 (2,524 Views)

how do i turn on my wireless capability on my laptop

Student
Peebrown
Message 49 of 63 (2,452 Views)

How do I turn on my wireless capability
Student
longbeach562195
Message 50 of 63 (2,122 Views)

I have a hp pavilion dv7 can not turn on wifi using the switch which is in front of the computer and the light is orange. does any one know the function key combination to turn on wifi?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation