Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
How do I connect my iPad mini to my wireless printer?
HP Recommended
How do I connect a wireless printer
HP Recommended

Hello Latinladi

I am going to get to review the post by @banhien located here where he provides the information you need to answer your question.

I hope this is the answer you are looking for. Thank you for posting your question on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended
I have an ipad3
HP Recommended
I have an ipad 3
HP Recommended

Hello bgage1

As I understand it, you wish to print wirelessly from your iPad 3 to your HP Printer.  To do this, first thing you need to do is ensure that the HP Printer you have has AirPrint which is what you will use to connect your iPad to your printer on your network. I am providing you a link to an HP Support document  titled How to Use Apple's AirPrint Over a Wireless Networkcs. Here you will find how to identify whether or not your printer is AirPrint capable and how to connect it to your network..

If your printer is not on this list than you will not be able to print using AirPrint from your iPad.

If your printer is on this list then here are some basic steps to take to get your iPad and printer working together. All you need to do is ensure that your printer is connected to your network and that your iPad is connected to the same network.

Once both devices are on the same network if you do not see your printer on your iPad when you go to print you will have to power-cycle your network. To do this follow the instructions I am providing you below:

Step 1. Turn-off both the printer and the iPad and this means a full power down not just sleep mode

Step 2. Unplug the power to the printer and to your wireless router

Step 3. Plug in your router and let the lights come back up

Step 4. Then plug in your printer and turn it on

Step 5. Start your iPad back up

At this point you should be able to print. If you cannot print then you will need to ensure that your router has Multicast enabled on your router. Not every router has this enabled by default. Multicast allows the printer to broadcast on the TCP/IP protocol and the Bonjour Protocol at the same time. If you have to make that change you will need to contact your router manufacturer or if your internet provider supplied the wireless router than call their technical support for assistance in making the change.

Once the change has been made you will need to follow the steps outlined above again.

I hope this resolves your AirPrint issue and you are up and running smoothly. If you still need assistance then please refer to the document I linked above to the sub-section titled What if a 'No AirPrint Printers Found' message displays on my Apple device?. Thank you for bringing your issue to the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended
how do I connect my iPad to my new HP printer?
HP Recommended
I am still waiting for an email to give me a code so I can activate and use ipad with wireless printer.
HP Recommended
How do I install printer to my iPad
HP Recommended
how do i connect my ipad to my Hp Officejet Pro 8500A?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.