10-02-2012 05:57 AM
My HP 2000 notebook PC with windows XP will not allow me to turn on the wifi with the keyboard button. I have checked and it says that it is running properly, but it does recognize that wifi will not turn on. I do not know of any upgrades or software installations before this happened. We have had it happen before, but we just turned the computer off to cool down and it worked the next day. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the driver but that didn't work. Any other suggestions?
10-02-2012 06:13 AM
While this may well be a hardware failure, it's always worth trying a Hard Reset as follows.
Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery. Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds. Re-insert the battery, plug in the AC Adapter and start the notebook.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)