Question

Honor Student
sm1ffy6
Message 1 of 4 (482 Views)

hp-pavilion-15-n090sa-touchsmart-15-6-touchscreen-laptop WIFI dropping

Hi there

I purchased the windows 8 version of hp-pavilion-15-n090sa-touchsmart-15-6-touchscreen-laptop 2 days ago, i have run HP Support Assistant and run all updates on all drivers and downloaded/installed.

I have used the laptop in a few peoples houses, the wifi connects fine but drops out all the time on its own. It then stays off unless you click on it again to reconnect. How do I solve this problem??

sm1ffy6

Honor Student
sm1ffy6
Message 2 of 4 (456 Views)

Re: hp-pavilion-15-n090sa-touchsmart-15-6-touchscreen-laptop WIFI dropping

Please help this is getting unbearable! Do not expect this of a brand new laptop!!

Please!

Student
CakeProperties
Message 3 of 4 (134 Views)

This happening to us too

HP Support Agent
Futoji
Message 4 of 4 (105 Views)

Hi all,

It appears that you're both having an issue with the wifi dropping connection. I will try to assist you with this.

Start with this document:
    Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8).

If that fails to help try :

Go into device manager, click the "+" beside network adapters. Right click the wireless driver and uninstall. Restart the notebook, Windows will auto reinstall the driver.

If that fails try:
1. Open DEVICE MANAGER
2. Open up NETWORK ADAPTERS
3. Right click on the WiFi Adapter for the pc and left click on PROPERTIES
4. Click on POWER MANAGEMENT at the top.
5. Remove the check mark beside : ALLOW THE COMPUTER TO TURN OFF THIS DEVICE TO SAVE POWER
6. Click OK
7. Close DEVICE MANAGER and test.

NOTE:  It may also be checked under the FAMILY CONTROLLER (eg. Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller which would be listed under the WiFi Card). If so, you could remove the check mark beside ALLOW THE COMPUTER TO TURN OFF THIS DEVICE TO SAVE POWER.

I hope this is able to help, let me know how you make out.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

Futoji
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation