01-27-2014 03:03 PM
I purchased the windows 8 version of hp-pavilion-15-n090sa-touchsmart-15-6-touchscre
I have used the laptop in a few peoples houses, the wifi connects fine but drops out all the time on its own. It then stays off unless you click on it again to reconnect. How do I solve this problem??
08-07-2014 05:49 PM
It appears that you're both having an issue with the wifi dropping connection. I will try to assist you with this.
Start with this document:
Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8).
If that fails to help try :
Go into device manager, click the "+" beside network adapters. Right click the wireless driver and uninstall. Restart the notebook, Windows will auto reinstall the driver.
If that fails try:
1. Open DEVICE MANAGER
2. Open up NETWORK ADAPTERS
3. Right click on the WiFi Adapter for the pc and left click on PROPERTIES
4. Click on POWER MANAGEMENT at the top.
5. Remove the check mark beside : ALLOW THE COMPUTER TO TURN OFF THIS DEVICE TO SAVE POWER
6. Click OK
7. Close DEVICE MANAGER and test.
NOTE: It may also be checked under the FAMILY CONTROLLER (eg. Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller which would be listed under the WiFi Card). If so, you could remove the check mark beside ALLOW THE COMPUTER TO TURN OFF THIS DEVICE TO SAVE POWER.
I hope this is able to help, let me know how you make out.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)