Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

although i can see the blutooth icon in the tray but i cannot send or receive files. my phone doesnt detect my laptop and vice versa. have reinstalled the  motorola ralink bluetooth driver , also enabled bluetooth support in the services section but no luck. help needed. model - hp pavilion dv6- 6154tx  (windows 7- 64 bit)

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello swarnabh Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

I understand that you are experiencing Bluetooth issues between your computer and phone. I will do my best to assist you! To troubleshoot the issue, please try all of the steps and solutions in this HP document: Fixing Bluetooth Problems

There are a few solutions that can definitely resolve the issue. Please try all of the applicable steps and let me know the results. Thanks again for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day! Smiley Happy

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

sorry it didnt solve the issues. i am sending pics of my device manager.Please see the 'bluetooth devices ' and 'network adapter' sections. With the latest bluetooth driver installed from the site, the device mgr looks like this.pic3.pngHaving the bluetooth driver uninstalled and letting windows detect and install itself,it shows something like this(with 'bluetooth radios' and new additions in the 'network adapter' section

pic4.png

when the bluetooth used to function properly the device manager used to show microsoft bluetooth enumerator  along with the bluetooth device name i.e ralink motorola bluetooth ,but now upon installing the motorola/ralink bluetooth driver it doesnot show up

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response. I will provide a few more troubleshooting steps:

1. Open Device Manager and locate the computer's Bluetooth driver.

2. Right click on it and select "Update Driver".

This might be able to resolve the issue. The Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator should not be missing. So if this doesn't work, please try the following steps to get everything working again:

1. Go to Run and type %windir%\inf and hit Enter.

2. Right-click on Bth.inf, and then select Rename.
3. Rename Bth.inf to Bth.bak, and then press Enter.

4. Here is the Ralink/Motorala driver. Please download and install it only: Ralink/Motorola Bluetooth Adapter Driver

5. Open Device Manager and locate the computer's Bluetooth driver.

6. Right click on it and select "Update Driver".

Please try these steps and let me know what happens. Thanks!

Mario

HP Recommended

I renamed the file 'bth.inf' to 'bth.bak', when i did so i got an alert that the file may not remain in an usable format. However i went ahead. When i went to update the driver of 'Generic Bluetooth Adapter' under the section of bluetooth radios, it could not locate the driver from the folder in which i had downloaded and kept the driver of Ralink Bluetooth.

So the problem continues.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response! I continued to do research on this issue.

If every step did not help so far, then this is either a hardware issue or an extreme software issue. If you are interested in troubleshooting further, I would perform a System Recovery to reinstall Windows. This will rule out which of the above options are to blame.

First, you should backup your data. I will provide information on how to do that: Backing Up Your Files (Windows 7)

Once this is done, it is safe to do the System Recovery. Here is some information on how to do this: Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 7)

Thanks and have a great day!

Mario

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.