Question

Honor Student
9_mm
Message 1 of 6 (719 Views)
Accepted Solution

hp pavilion g7 notebook running windows 7 no longer reads wireless network adapter

My hp pavilion g7 LX503AV no longer reads the wireless network card. instead of the wireless icon being displayed i only have the LAN icon. When i checked the device manager, the wireless network adapter wasn't displayed. After i scanned for hardware changes a couple of times, the adapter showed up and the LAN icon changed to the wireless icon. When i clicked on it, it said "no connections are available" meanwhile my home router is on and right next to me. Meanwhile my wireless switch is off and has remained thus no matter how many times i try to turn it on. i tried reinstalling the drivers to no avail. Whats going on?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 6 (714 Views)

Re: hp pavilion g7 notebook running windows 7 no longer reads wireless network adapter

Is your notebook still within warranty? check warranty status

Which brand and model wireless module is installed?

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
9_mm
Message 3 of 6 (703 Views)

Re: hp pavilion g7 notebook running windows 7 no longer reads wireless network adapter

Yes its still under warranty. and i dont know the adapter details..its not showing in the device manager anymore

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 6 (691 Views)

Contact HP for warranty repair. 

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
9_mm
Message 5 of 6 (689 Views)

Okay..thank you

Student
vrthvtv
Message 6 of 6 (539 Views)

HP Pavilion G7 - 2027eo F12 button doesnt work anymore

it used to work, now its turn off, and I cant turn it on again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation