Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I just moved to another place and now facing wireless adapter problem, it was perfectly working but now It shows all the networks and the wireless icon on laptop turns blue but when I click to connect it is unsuccesful and says There might be a problem with the driver for the wireless network connection adapter, please help
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi manal786,

I understand that you are having some wireless issues after moving to a new location. I am happy to help you, but it is necessary to get some more details to properly assist you. Some more details about your product like the product number and OS version. Please read the following documents if you need help in finding that.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

From what you say the wireless light is lit on your computer, and the list of available networks is coming up.

Are you trying to reconnect to the same router you had before, and did you set it up yourself?

If it is another network do you know the password/wep or passphrase for that router's wireless network?

Please see the following pages as a start for troubleshooting wireless connectivity issues.

Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 😎
Wireless Internet Connection is Intermittent or Slow (Windows XP)

Some of the following may also be helpful to you:
Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adaptor:
Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:
1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)
2. Expand the Network adapters.
3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.
4. Click the Power Management tab.
5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
6. Click OK.
7. Test.

Forget the network: (Windows 7)
1. Press Start.
2. Type Manage wireless networks and click the application at the top of the start menu.
3. Right click on the network and click Remove network.
4. Confirm the warning by click OK.

Forget the network: (Windows 😎
1. Press Windows Key + C
2. Click Settings.
3. Click Change PC settings.
4. Click Network on the left.
5. Click Manage known networks.
6. Click the network name.
7. Click Forget.

Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

Reinstall the network adapter drivers:
1. Download the drivers from the product support page for your pc,  but do not run them yet.
2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.
3. Expand Network adapters.
4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.
5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.
6. Restart your PC and test.

Test an ethernet connection:
This would tell you if the problem persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.

Let me know if any of this has been helpful to you, or if you need further assistance

Regards,

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have a Pavilion 13-A113CL that had the same issue. I installed various software solutions for hours and could always get the software to install the Network controller but Windows 7 indicated the radios were turned off. I would go to the Control Panel and Wireless Network and enable everything but still no go.

I finally came across a picture of the keyboard and the F12 key is Airplane mode that can be enabled and disabled by just depressing it, no ALT or FUN key's needed! I pressed it and suddenly all my radios were enabled including Bluetooth that I was also battling with! Apparently during my Windows 7 downgraded (I call it an upgrade from Windows 10) the function was enabled.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.