Question

Honor Student
cardac
Message 1 of 4 (486 Views)

hp pavillion dv9000 wireless internet not working

I've tried many fixes like updating bios, re-installing drivers, nothing has worked.  I'm running 32 bit Vista as OS, bought a new network card as well, still no wireless internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 4 (480 Views)

Re: hp pavillion dv9000 wireless internet not working

Hi:

Did you buy a new internal wireless card?

Does it even show up in the device manager as a network controller needing drivers or properly installed under network adapters?

If it doesn't appear at all in the device manager, this is a common problem with the dv9000 series motherboard where overheating has cut off the power to the mini-PCIe slot that the wireless card connects to.

The only solution is to replace the motherboard (throwing good money after bad, IMO), or purchasing an external USB wireless adapter.

Paul

Honor Student
cardac
Message 3 of 4 (475 Views)

In Device Manager, it does show my NVIDIA Ethernet card under Network Adapters, without the yellow exc lamation that I beleive I would have if there were driver issues.

The motherboard was replaced about 1 month ago.  The laptop was working great for that time until about 1 week ago the wireless stopped working.

Not liking where this is going, but it is helpful nonetheless.  Any further advice would be very much appreicated

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 4 (474 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi:

It should be showing your WLAN card there too, along with the nVidia wired card.

If it was working, and then just quit on you, and the WLAN card is nowhere to be found in the device manager, then your replacement motherboard is toast.

Bring your notebook back to where you got it fixed and see if they will replace the motherboard for free.

Quitting after 30 days isn't a very long time.

If you can't get it fixed for free, you already saw my opinion.  Not worth fixing.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation