09-22-2012 05:00 PM
Just how far away in South Dakota does one go where there is no WiFi? Scary thought. Smiling. Beautiful country, though.
You didn't say if you are going to be in one spot...
- If they have Cable TV, that is Digital cable TV, they might have cable internet. Fast and not terrible expensive - have them add it to the Cable TV package.
- You might be able to get Satelite Internet - terrible expensive stuff and sometimes (usually?) this is subcontracted by the Satelite TV company to another outfit, so it can get weird if things stop working of if you have other issues ... but it beats Dial-up.
- If you cannot get Cable and cannot get Satelite... and you can get a phone line... get Dial-up and be real happy you have that.
- Hope real hard for a Cell tower to be put in (or already there) and get a 3G tablet.
There might be a mobile satelite connection of some sort. What does your phone company say? You could certainly call them and ask!
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)