Question

Top Student
charmred86
Message 1 of 6 (2,189 Views)
Accepted Solution

internet explorer not responding

my internet explorer is constantly not responding how can i fix this problem. And an adware adetator that my antivirus detected . can this be causing the problem.

Master's Graduate
phttech
Message 2 of 6 (2,176 Views)

Re: internet explorer not responding

Toolbars and adware can cause these issues

One option is to reset Internet explorer may require a reboot

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Reset-Internet-Explorer-7-settings

• Close anyInternet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.

• Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.

• Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.

• In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.

• When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, click OK, and then click OK again.

• Close Internet Explorer.

Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer

• While I work on behalf of HP I'm not speaking for HP but trying to provide best effort support.
    Tutor
    CassandraIETeam
    Message 3 of 6 (2,141 Views)

Hi charmred86,

Make sure you have all the latest Windows Updates. You can also check for a solution by following these steps:

1. Open Problem Reports and Solutions by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Problem Reports and Solution.

2. Click Check for new solutions.

If you are still experiencing issues, try running IE in No Add-on Mode to determine if the problem is being caused by any unruly add-on. To do this: Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No Add-ons). If IE is working correctly in No Add-on Mode, reopen IE with Add-ons and use IE’s Manage Add-ons feature to pick specific add-ons to disable  in order to find the add-on that is causing the problem:

1. Click Tools -> Internet Options.

2. Click the Programs tab, then Manage add-on.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Cassandra

IE Outreach Team

Student
    Ricktus
    Message 4 of 6 (1,935 Views)

Thank you very much. I give it a whirl

Student
    Message 5 of 6 (1,675 Views)

Hi i have just had internet explorer9 dumped on my laptop and now i am only able to access half the links on my emails is there any thing that i can do, my guess is that some of the links are to older sites and not compatable with explorer9

Master's Graduate
    phttech
    Message 6 of 6 (1,649 Views)

Try this link

How to use Compatibility View in Internet Explorer 9

also

Error "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" when viewing a website in Internet Explorer

While I work on behalf of HP I'm not speaking for HP but trying to provide best effort support.
    † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation