12-25-2010 10:31 PM
my internet explorer is constantly not responding how can i fix this problem. And an adware adetator that my antivirus detected . can this be causing the problem.
This question was solved. View Solution.
12-26-2010 06:50 AM
Toolbars and adware can cause these issues
One option is to reset Internet explorer may require a reboot
Close anyInternet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Internet Explorer.
Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, click OK, and then click OK again.
Close Internet Explorer.
Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer
12-28-2010 04:12 PM
Make sure you have all the latest Windows Updates. You can also check for a solution by following these steps:
1. Open Problem Reports and Solutions by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Problem Reports and Solution.
2. Click Check for new solutions.
If you are still experiencing issues, try running IE in No Add-on Mode to determine if the problem is being caused by any unruly add-on. To do this: Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No Add-ons). If IE is working correctly in No Add-on Mode, reopen IE with Add-ons and use IE’s Manage Add-ons feature to pick specific add-ons to disable in order to find the add-on that is causing the problem:
1. Click Tools -> Internet Options.
2. Click the Programs tab, then Manage add-on.
Hope this helps!
IE Outreach Team
06-15-2011 12:28 PM
Hi i have just had internet explorer9 dumped on my laptop and now i am only able to access half the links on my emails is there any thing that i can do, my guess is that some of the links are to older sites and not compatable with explorer9
06-20-2011 06:39 PM
Try this link
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)