Question

Honor Student
waheed_rumu
Message 1 of 7 (336 Views)

limited connectivity for wifi

i dont know my laptop is showing limited connectivity for long time. when i checked the device manager it was showing 1-12 adaptors. i uninstall them all and restart my laptop now its showing three, first one is atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter, second one is Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller and third one is WAN Miniport (IKEv2), the third one is showing with yellow sign, as far as i know some thing wrong with device, 

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 2 of 7 (304 Views)

Re: limited connectivity for wifi

Could you please give me the exact product number for your computer?

If you need help finding it, you can use the following link:

Also, what version of Windows are you using?

Thanks,
Kyle
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
waheed_rumu
Message 3 of 7 (283 Views)

[ Edited ]

thanks for your reply; my laptop is refurbished. and i dont know which one is a produck nmber so i am giving you two number hope it work, 

is under the reburbished sticker RCNF 9442L03 and MODEL number is G81-110SA

and there is another sticker underneath it one se product key and one say nothing i am giing you both.

Product Key: [Personal Information Removed]

and another number on the same sticker is : 00196-033-149-507 

Thanks waiting for your reply meanwhile i gonna try the link which you sent us.

thanks

Honor Student
waheed_rumu
Message 4 of 7 (282 Views)

sorry i reply you before i read the link now i know my model no. 

MODEL No. : G61-110SA

Thanks

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 5 of 7 (263 Views)

Have you tried updating the BIOS?

Here is a link to the most recent version: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-90455-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

I am not 100% sure it will work, but it has been known to help issues such as these, so it's worth a shot.

Best of luck,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
waheed_rumu
Message 6 of 7 (254 Views)

my firend i did what you told me, but still its showing limited connectiity, reboot and re-start is the some thing because you told me to reboot it than i googled how to reboot, if its a some thing than i did reboot it as well if not than please tell me how to reboot it.

second i am giving you screenshot of my device manager its show so many yello mark,

thanks for yor reply

waheed2.png

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 7 of 7 (225 Views)

Try the following steps. 

1. Open command prompt with administrator credentials (Find CMD and right-click - Run as Administrator).
2. Enter netsh environment. Type "netsh" and ENTER.
3. "int teredo" and ENTER
4. "set state disabled" and ENTER.
5. Open Device Manager and uninstall "Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface".
6. Open command prompt with administrator credentials once again.
7. netsh + ENTER.
8. "int ipv6" + ENTER
9. "set teredo client" + ENTER
10. Open Device Manager and Scan for new hardware.
11. Select "Show hidden devices" from the View menu. Most of those devices with an yellow explanation mark should be gone and hopefully this will improve your connectivity issues. 

If it doesn't, do you mind showing me a screenshot of your PC showing that it has limited connectivity?

Thanks,
Kyle
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation