Question

Honor Student
bridget65
Message 1 of 3 (9,342 Views)
Accepted Solution

location of wireless button?

Stupid question, but my wireless button is glowing orange instead of blue on my HP Pavilion dv5-1125nr notebook. When I try to fix it in Wireless Assistant, I get the message:  "This device has been disabled by the wireless button. To enable this device, press on wireless button."  Where is the wireless button? I can't find it, and can't find documentation for where it is! Thank you for your help!

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (9,337 Views)

Re: location of wireless button?

[ Edited ]

bridget65 wrote:

Stupid question, but my wireless button is glowing orange instead of blue on my HP Pavilion dv5-1125nr notebook. When I try to fix it in Wireless Assistant, I get the message:  "This device has been disabled by the wireless button. To enable this device, press on wireless button."  Where is the wireless button? I can't find it, and can't find documentation for where it is! Thank you for your help!

The only stupid question is one that is not asked. 

This Notebook  Tour User Guide shows its location on pages 5-6. The button should be right next to the amber (when it is off)  wireless led.

Best regards,
erico

****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
bridget65
Message 3 of 3 (9,333 Views)

Re: location of wireless button?

I didn't realize that was actually a pressable button! My cat must have stepped on it and disabled it. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation