08-13-2012 12:16 PM - edited 08-15-2012 02:11 AM
I cannot use wireless access, getting msg. wireless lan adapter has been disabled in device manager, checked device manager but could not find the wireless adapter. there is a Network adapter, (Realtek PCIE FE Family Controller) and then there is Other Devices under there is the network controller(yellow !). Downloaded controller drivers from HP, and for some reasons the drivers are not installing. Also when I try to set up a wireless connection all i can get is broadband and cable. I am quite sure this is because there is a problem with the wireless adapter.
Windows 7 Starter 32 bit.
hp wireless assistant.
the drivers i tried to install sp53955
I continued my search and discovered that this notebook uses the Atheros ar9285 wireless adapter, although I could not find it in device manager, downloaded the drivers, installed them and still no wireless connection. It seems that this particular laptop used a wired connection at one time, As I stated earlier when trying to add a wireless connection my only options are broadband and cable. Please help
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)