Question

Student
nephilim1955
Message 1 of 1 (95 Views)

mini 110-3015dx, HELP, cannot connect with wireless

[ Edited ]

I cannot use wireless access,  getting msg. wireless lan adapter has  been disabled in device manager, checked device manager but could not find the wireless adapter. there is a Network adapter, (Realtek PCIE FE Family Controller) and then there is Other Devices under  there is the network controller(yellow !).  Downloaded controller drivers from HP, and for some reasons the drivers are not installing.  Also when I try to set up a wireless connection all i can get is broadband and cable.  I am quite sure this is because there is a problem with the wireless adapter.

Windows 7 Starter 32 bit. 

hp wireless assistant.

the drivers i tried to install   sp53955

I continued my search and discovered that this notebook uses the Atheros ar9285 wireless  adapter, although I could not find it in device manager, downloaded the drivers, installed them and still no wireless connection.  It seems that this particular laptop used a wired connection at one time, As I stated earlier when trying to add a wireless connection my only options are broadband and cable.  Please help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation