05-21-2012 03:54 AM
my computer keeps losing its internet connection. how do i find out if its the computer or the modem?
I have changed the channel a number of times like the modem people have told me to now they are saying its my computers fault, how can I keep my computer?
05-21-2012 09:16 AM
Hi. is this wireless? Open command prompt type icponfig. Check your default gateway and try to ping it continuosly and see what happens next.
There could also be interference nearby.
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)