03-01-2013 09:49 AM
I see that you are having problems connecting to the internet, is that correct?
Error 651 is normally an authentication error with your internet connection. This could be due to an incorrect password.
I did find this thread that deals with the error. There are troubleshooting steps included.
Follow the troubleshooting steps and let me know what happens. You may have to contact your internet service provider for assistance.
06-05-2013 05:48 PM
Hi There, It is not actually authentication. This is common error on windos 8 and rarely on windows 7. i had same issue and got solution from below post. it worked for me. Hope this works for you as well.
10-29-2014 06:44 AM
I have Windows 7 and I have the Error 651. I don't think it's that "rare". It just suddenly appeared out of nowhere. It is showing my home network as a "puclic network" and I don't think I set it up that way. Do you have any recommendations on this error?
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)