Question

Student
jason48
Message 1 of 2 (1,921 Views)

my wireless internet is not working on my hp laptop , but my mothers in the same house works fine .

My laptop hp Compaq nc6400 for some reason is not conecting to wireless internet . It worked fine , up untill a few weeks ago now its not picking up the signal from the wireless router ? internet provider says router is working fine because my mother is having no trouble connecting on her lap top . I need you to see if my wireless adapter is working on my computer . I don't see a switch or button that I can turn on or push to activate ? please help !

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 2 (1,920 Views)

Re: my wireless internet is not working on my hp laptop , but my mothers in the same house works fin

[ Edited ]

Hi:

There is a wireless button in the line of buttons above the keyboard.You may have inadvertently turned the wireless card off. If it is on there should be a blue light on the button and on the front left side of the notebook.

Please see Chapter 1, Page 6 of the notebook tour below for the location of the wireless button.

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00714208/c00714208.pdf

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation