06-14-2011 01:15 PM
Please list the operating system you are running and whether it is 32 or 64 bit.
Please post the device details ID string of characters found by clicking on the unknown ethernet controller in the device manager. Then click on the details tab. In XP you can see the Hardware ID's displayed there. In Windows Vista or 7, you need to select the second item in the Properties drop down list (Hardware ID's) and post the top string of characters you see there.
Those ID the manufacturer and model of the network adapter you need the drivers for.
06-14-2011 07:57 PM
my OS is XP. I go to device manager -----Other Device -----Ethernet controller drive (yellow) -----Properties-----details -----hardware id and got the following
06-14-2011 09:06 PM
According to the device details you posted, that is your Atheros wireless adapter.
Here is the link to the latest drivers for it:
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)