need to download 54g™ 802.11b/g WLAN with 125HSM / SpeedBooster support for i believe i deleted it (390 Views)
Honor Student
MJL360eachech
Message 1 of 5 (390 Views)

need to download 54g™ 802.11b/g WLAN with 125HSM / SpeedBooster support for i believe i deleted it

Using a dv5130us  Getting no blue light indicating wireless power

Distinguished Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 5 (386 Views)

Re: need to download 54g™ 802.11b/g WLAN with 125HSM / SpeedBooster support for i believe i deleted

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue.

1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on.

2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on.

3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website.

4) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit.

5) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.

If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
MJL360eachech
Message 3 of 5 (381 Views)

Re: need to download 54g™ 802.11b/g WLAN with 125HSM / SpeedBooster support for i believe i deleted

Hello and thank you for trying to help me here.............my wireless was working fine for a very long time.  a few days ago, the whole laptop crashed.......that is, it would turn on the blue lights..but the screen was black.  After reading some forums, I opened it up and rolled the dice that the little lithium battery might be junk, since this laptop I believe was built in 2005. well, that did the trick and thank god--it sprang back to life---don't ask me why!  You might know why--lol

Anyways.......once on I noticed I no longer had any wireless.........the blue light was off---pressing the button did zip......the Microsoft troubleshooter kept saying to turn it on.  I did read though that sometimes it can be shut off by certain keys...this might be why it's dead.

I looked up via HP the origional wireless (54g™ 802.11b/g WLAN with 125HSM / SpeedBooster support) and that's what I posted here. I scanned the laptop for it--but came up blank that it existed any longer.

I tried your first idea...nothing   as well as idea #2....As for #3....I have no idea how to download a newer BIOS or the wireless. When I searched Hp with the 54g info---it had no clue what I was talking about.

My big guess is the wireless file is no longer in the computer---therefore i'm trying to find it to reload it.

Microsoft automatically downloaded some sort of Boroadcom file to use as a wireless file...but again, it says to turn on the wireless and I can't.

Ok----so any and all help really appreciated. I somehow think we can solve this!  Thanks for all that you've done so far & look forward to your next reply   again it's a HP pavilion dv5130us running on windows 7

Distinguished Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 4 of 5 (363 Views)

Hi

How to update the driver from the website

Downloading updated drivers from the Internet

To download the latest version of drivers and software files from the HP Support site:

1. Refer to: http://www.hp.com/support

2. Select your country/region.

3. Select Download Drivers and Software.

4. Enter the Product number of your monitor. The software download pages for your Notebook are displayed.

5. Download and install the driver and software files by following the instructions on the download pages.

6. Ensure that your system meets the requirements.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
MJL360eachech
Message 5 of 5 (361 Views)

Hi....

I've gone through the HP download site. It feels that I need no upgrades nor missing any files. As for the Recovery Manager, there is none on this laptop. It's very frustrating. My hunches tell me that if I could download that now deleted file that runs the wi-fi, I'd be just fine.

The other pivot is if there was a cd of the origional software found on this computer of 2006 (a Recovery CD===it had XP long ago), to boot it back with that info, then upgrade to the present. I think it would do the trick. There are no files on this software that I need to keep, so i'm fine with erasing it's "brain"......so to speak.

Anyways........all else works but the wi-fi & the blue lights that go with it.

Any help always appreciated!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation