Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

thanks for the fast reply sir.

i am confused too with the network card , my friend just reinstall the new windows 7 OS , and it was completely empty.

no wireless adapter driver was found , and when i try to install several driver, none of them can be enabled.

sorry for the lack of information before , the notebook series was HP Pavillion Dv6 6001 tx, can you tell me what should do first?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you don't see a Network Controller listed somewhere in the device manager with a little yellow ! mark, it means the PC doesn't see the card.

You may want to shut down the PC, unplug the battery and remove and re-seat the wireless card.

If it doesn't reappear in the device manager, either the card has died on you or there is some other issue with software or the BIOS.

Did you install the chipset driver from the support page?

Also try doing a hard reset of the notebook...

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=...

HP Recommended

finally after replug the battery and start the Notebook i can find Network Controller with Exclamation marks in Device manager , Other devices section.

though i didn't replace the wireless card. didn't know how that can be happening 😄

here is the Hardwares IDs for network controller

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_1483103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_1483103C
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC_0280

and by the way did i needed to uninstall the Realtek PCIe Family Controller with Exclamation marks on Device manager?

thanks again sir, you really help me

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That's good you were able to make the card reappear like magic.  Never argue with success.  :generic:

Below is the link to the driver you need for your wireless card.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-107849-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

You installed the realtek wired network card and it is working, right?

Here is the driver you need for the card reader from your notebook's support and driver page. You should just be able to install the driver.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-102008-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

HP Recommended

One more thing...

I noticed on the product specs for your notebook, that it comes with Bluetooth.  Probably Windows 7 has installed a generic bluetooth driver, but that won't work the bluetooth as it is integrated with the broadcom wireless card you just installed the driver for.

So, in order for the bluetooth to work you also need to install the broadcom bluetooth driver for your card.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-86863-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

HP Recommended

sir , i already download the drivers you suggest me just now and installed it on the notebook , but i still cannot enabled the wifi adapter, when i do a troubleshoot , it shows "There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection Adapter".

and yes, there is a bluetooth here, is it causing the problem?

HP Recommended

Hi:

The Bluetooth shouldnt be causing the problem.

I don't know why the wireless card driver didn't work.

Is the Broadcom card now showing up in the device manager under the network adapters section or is it still labeled as a network controller with the little yellow ! mark?

If it is still showing up as a network controller, then try the Broadcom driver from your notebook's support and driver page.

I gave you the link to the newer driver.

If that doesn't work, then I am afraid there is nothing else I can do to help.

HP Recommended

Everything is working as usually now mate . .

it is not a problem with the drivers anymore . .

all i need to do just to open the services windows and Change the startup of the WLAN into automatic. .

Thank you very much for your help , finally my problem is solved  . .

many thanks sir 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you got everything to work.

Enjoy!

HP Recommended

Hello, I am having a hard time installing the network atapter for my HP tablet laptop.  I'm using an HP Pavillion g6 Notebook PC. I'm not sure what the model number is though. Is there anyway I can install the network adapter without an internet connection?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.