offline printer (129 Views)
Top Student
bluegrace
Message 1 of 8 (129 Views)

offline printer

C 4580 wireless printer is offline and i can't get it online. We've recently installed a new modem and wireless router. Also can't print from my iPad.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 8 (124 Views)

Re: offline printer

Control Panel-->Hardware and Sound --> Devices and Printers. Double-click on the printer icon and in the printer qeue window that appears, select the Printer tab and click on the use printer offline (if there is a checkmark to the left of it, that was the problem) selection to bring it back online.

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up***

****Please mark Accept As Solution if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
bluegrace
Message 3 of 8 (121 Views)

Using printer offline wasn't checked.
Provost
erico
Message 4 of 8 (119 Views)

You may wish to download and run the HP  Print & Scan Doctor to troubleshoot the connection?

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up***

****Please mark Accept As Solution if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****

Top Student
bluegrace
Message 5 of 8 (117 Views)

Thank you . when I try that my printer shows up as being connected to the wireles network but when i say that i then want to use the wireless connection it sends me round in circles back to the same page.

Provost
erico
Message 6 of 8 (116 Views)

So if you go to your wireles printer's web interface it is show as a wireless client?

Have you checked to see if your firewall is preventing the connection? (try disabling the firewall temporarily)

Top Student
bluegrace
Message 7 of 8 (106 Views)

I've disabled the firewall but the printer is still showing as offline. The printer is being shown as connected to the wireless network.
Provost
erico
Message 8 of 8 (97 Views)

[ Edited ]

Uninstall the printer software software completely.

Download the updated version from the driver and software download section of the web support page for your printer.  

Turn off your firewall and antivirus solution and install the software again and reconfigure your printer. There are instructions and videos on how to setup and configure your wireles printer at the HP Wireless Printing Center that you may find informational and very useful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation