03-31-2013 03:13 PM
Just having some wifi issues.
I got my laptop at christmas time and have had no issues being on wifi. Then today it just stopped working.
After some investigating I figured it out to be a driver issue but cant seem the find it or the right one.
Also all the fixes I found on here were for Windows 7 and not Windows 8 which I am running.
Here are some screenshots of my problems and system.
HP pavilion G6 - 2228ca
Windows 8 64
03-31-2013 03:24 PM
You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue.
1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on.
2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on.
3) Try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine.
4) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website.
5) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit.
6) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.
If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.
"I work for HP."
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
03-31-2013 03:30 PM
You have a webpage for your system that has the correct driver for your Ralink device:
Main Software and Drivers download page
Page for that Driver
You can check on the main page for all your HP software and drivers that you need for your computer.