Question

Top Student
Darkghost07
Message 1 of 15 (4,221 Views)

problem with wifi hp mini 110 3135dx. can't connect to wifi with wpa/wpa2 encryption.

[ Edited ]

Hi!

The problem I have is that my 3135dx HP Mini 110 can not connect to any wireless network with WPA/WPA2 encryption password or another password-protected network and it shows like the encryption of the network was a WEP encryption. The only way that it conect is without a password. I have installed the most current drivers, and try different passwords on networks and still does not connect. This problem has been made ​​after a system format and reinstall everything. I need urgent help with this problem that I have more than 1 month with this problem and the network can't be without a password.

Thank you very much in advance.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 15 (4,215 Views)

Re: problem with wifi hp mini 110 3135dx. can't connect to wifi with wpa/wpa2 encryption.

Hi:

What model wireless card do you have installed in the notebook?

Paul

Top Student
Darkghost07
Message 3 of 15 (4,211 Views)

Re: problem with wifi hp mini 110 3135dx. can't connect to wifi with wpa/wpa2 encryption.

Hi! I don't know what model is. Where is located? I only see the number or code DNXR-81 in the wireless card.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 15 (4,209 Views)

Hi:

Go to the device manager and look under the network adapters section. You should see two network adapters listed--a wired one and a wireless one.

If you don't know which is which, please post them both.

Please also let me know what operating system you have...XP or Windows 7.

Paul

Top Student
Darkghost07
Message 5 of 15 (4,206 Views)

In the device man. say:
802.11 n Wireless LAN Card.
and
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

In the properties of the 802.11 n Wireless LAN Card. Say this:

Type: Network Adapter
manufacturer: Ralink Technology Corp.

But I already try the Ralink drivers and don't work.
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 6 of 15 (4,204 Views)

Top Student
Darkghost07
Message 7 of 15 (4,203 Views)

Thanks for your anwser!
But didn't work.
The setup loads but then pop up a cmd window and the instalation stops and close without warning. And the problem still.

By the way, the operative system is Windows 7 Ultimate.
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 8 of 15 (4,199 Views)

You're very welcome.

Sorry that driver didn't work.

I guess I don't have an answer for you.

The problem is beyond my ability to figure out.

Top Student
Darkghost07
Message 9 of 15 (4,180 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Paul.

I have some news, maybe it give you a clue of this case.

I reinstalled Windows and I realized that Windows installs a driver for the Wireless Card, and I think that this drivers don't work, but Windows keep installing the same driver every time that I uninstall it and even If I try to install another one. Maybe the problem is the driver that Windows have by default, but how do I make to stop Windows to installing that? And the problem with the last driver you gave me still, just pop up a cmd window and close everything.

Thanks for your help.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 10 of 15 (4,175 Views)

Hi:

Let's try one last thing and see if that works.

Please go to the device manager and click on the wireless network controller.  Then click on the Details tab.

Now you will see a Properties drop down list.  Drop down on that and select the second item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters you see in the window.

Those will give me more info about the wireless card and I will see if there is a different driver you can use for it.

When you go to install the driver the next time, right click on the wireles network adapter in the device manager. Select Uninstall, and also check the box if you are asked if you want to uninstall the driver too.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation