Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I downloaded the latest intel utility/driver from HP and the MY WIFI works again, when I click the enable button the button changed to red and it shows Enabled, and I am able to share internet via My WIFI.

The Task bar Icon however is again showing the "... adapter not found" message, even though it is working!

HP Recommended

hello i am having this same trouble with my laptop as well i bought it in may of this year the my wifi adapter error is still not fixed when i followed the procedure stated in previous posts my laptop is a: pavilion dv7-4285dx entertainment pc i am running windows 7 home premium 64-bit again i have this same issue and it is not resolved with this solution 

HP Recommended

I have found there is still an issue with the WIFI, if you hibernate, when you come out of hibernation you get a "adapter not found" message, also it seems to take a long time for the wireless adapter to connect.

If you do a restart, all is well. It seems that not working coming out of hibernation is a serious shortcoming. Perhaps we should get a refund on our intel wireless/WIFI option.

HP Recommended

Here is a solution that worked for me on HP Pavilion dv6.  Had problems with Intel Wifi being unreliable and randomly dropping connections and restarting.  Returned this new laptop and replaced with another new HP Pavilion dv6  laptop.  This new laptop had the same problem with connection randomly taking a long time or dropping out.  Could not find any solutions online. Finally this solution below seems to help.  My internet connections are now a lot faster as well as being more reliable.  Bonus..

Go to Control Panel>Programs(uninstall programs)>then find Intel (R) PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software.  (Do not uninstall)

Double click on it and wait or the wizard to let you click next. then click MODIFY and next. Then on the dropdown click on Intel (R) My WiFi Technology.  To the left of it you can click on a dropdown menu and then click on this feature will not be avavilable. Once you click next let it finish. Then go back and redo everything and when you get to the dropdown menu click on "This feature and all subfeatures will be installed on local hard drive". Then click next and once that completed you should be back in business.

Note this does not uninstall, it just disables and then re-enable with all Intel (R) PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software subfeatures installed on local hard drive.

HP Recommended

Procedure did not change "....adapter not found" message coming out of hibernation, to use MIFI I must do a restart.

A definite bug and shortcoming to MIFI use.

HP Recommended

Fixed "Intel My WIFI Technology adapter not found" message coming out of hibernation.

I changed the device manager settings, for all network devices "Power Management" settings and selected the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

MIFI is now active, and also wireless internet connection to my router is instantaneous, coming out of sleep or hibernation.

HP Recommended

Does anyone Knows how to solve it?, I have ready installed the newest PRO/set drivers, but nothing changes, also updated all other wireless drivers and still showing the "adapter not found" message. HELP!

HP Recommended

Did you try what worked for me on post previous to yours?

HP Recommended

Yes, I tried to modify it from control panel, etc, still not working. Also tried previes versions of drivers.

HP Recommended

I got it back.

Tanx Darcy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.