Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dv7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

I cannot enable the WIFI system, noway, nohow.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I downloaded the latest intel utility/driver from HP and the MY WIFI works again, when I click the enable button the button changed to red and it shows Enabled, and I am able to share internet via My WIFI.

The Task bar Icon however is again showing the "... adapter not found" message, even though it is working!

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

If you don't mind, can you tell us exactly what is happening?

~reikableu~
...KUDO's to me and if this resolves the issue, please tag this as "AcceptedSolution"
~I MAYBE working for HP Consumer Notebook Support but any opinion stated are not at anyways connected to those of HP.~
HP Recommended

Simple I cannot enable the"My WIFI" on my laptop, uninstall/reinstall of driver for Intel adapter fixed the" adapter not found" message.

The Intel My WIFI Technology comes up disabled, I cannot enable it by either right clicking on its task bar icon and selecting

the enable button, or when I double click and bring up the My WIFI Utility, clicking on the big green enable button causes it to gray out for a few seconds then it goes green again and the WIFI is not enabled. It worked when I first got the computer but some time along the way it stopped, since I use it in frequently I do not know what software or Bios update broke it, or the hardware just died. I have a new BIOS update to try, after that Tech support suggests a "full system recovery" to original which is not an option for me at this time, I have had the computer for almost 2 yrs now, and only recently have I wanted to use the built in WIFI.

HP Recommended

can you provide the notebook's PN so we can go ahead and see what is the best thing to do?

by the way, have you tried reseating the wireless card of the computer?

you might want to try that first...

~reikableu~
...KUDO's to me and if this resolves the issue, please tag this as "AcceptedSolution"
~I MAYBE working for HP Consumer Notebook Support but any opinion stated are not at anyways connected to those of HP.~
HP Recommended

PN is WW187AV

I haven't ever opened computer up, but will try reseating card but I doubt that is the problem since wireless link works and device manager does not show problem with adapter. I have seen other people report same problem on various internet sites, none of the solutions posed have worked for me.

HP Recommended

I understand that it might be a hassle, but try to reseat the wireless card first and then notify us of what will happen then we'll continue from that...

🙂

~reikableu~
HP Recommended

Unsrewed two holdown screws, removed adapter, reinstalled adapter, replaced screws.

No change in operation, My Wifi, will not enable.

HP Recommended

3 days,3 days i have been trying to fix this problem of wifi..here is the thing,i can use wireless with my pc..its a pavilian dv6 but when that certain wireless goes of,i cant connect to other open wireless around.Once i click on the connect thing,it shows the hazaed-like symbol,then when i try to diagnose it says "Intel My WIFI Technology adapter not found" now the funny thing is this,i will actually open the "Network and sharing center" then at the right buttom corner o it click on the "Intel my wifi technology" then when i try to enable it..it will never ever ever ever connect.Sorry about my writing approach i have suddenly found myself taking a course on this issue,took me 2 days now,i have been try for solutions and for a person like me who dislike reading forums,i have read more than my eyes can carry but still no solution to this tragic problem.

Please anything that can help enable it,just like my neighbors if i get it on,i can use those other wireless provided to us here.

And just incase this helps,i am using windows 7,if that could be one of the problems i have when trying to connect.Thanks.

HP Recommended

just to verify, have you guys tried uninstalling and reinstalling either the "HP Connection Manager" or "HP Wireless Assistant", depending on what you are using on the notebook?

but of course before you uninstall it make sure you find the replacement for it first...

try this for the HP Connection Manager, and this for the HPWA, though I am not sure if this is the latest one.

~reikableu~
HP Recommended

@Reikableu wrote:

just to verify, have you guys tried uninstalling and reinstalling either the "HP Connection Manager" or "HP Wireless Assistant", depending on what you are using on the notebook?

but of course before you uninstall it make sure you find the replacement for it first...

try this for the HP Connection Manager, and this for the HPWA, though I am not sure if this is the latest one.

I believe we use the Intel My WIFI Utility, not the HP Wireless Assistant for the WIFI adapter.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.