09-10-2013 01:08 PM - edited 09-10-2013 04:16 PM
when I bring my laptop home from work sometimes it will connect to the internet and sometimes it wont. I do not have a hardwire to test it that way, so telus was saying it is something in my settings? As I say it will connect when it feels like it but not always, mostly not, anyone know what might be wrong?
09-10-2013 07:31 PM
You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue.
1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on.
2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on.
3) Try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine.
4) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website.
5) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit.
"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)