Question

Honor Student
garyzb
Message 1 of 12 (30,231 Views)

wifi mini port adapter

[ Edited ]

I am getting two error messages after setting up a wireless network and trying to install a network printer.

1) Microsoft Virtual Wifi mini port adapter has a driver problem.

2) Keyboard filter doesn't have a driver.

I am new to networks and both of these issues are unknown to me. I did try to search the computer for the drivers but without success. I am just lost as to what to do next.

The laptop is a compaq cq61-313us running windows 7 (64 bit).
Message Edited by garyzb on 10-25-2009 05:11 PM
Message Edited by garyzb on 10-25-2009 05:12 PM
Student
jyellak
Message 2 of 12 (30,041 Views)

Re: wifi mini port adapter

Having the exact same problem with the exact same machine
Student
jippo
Message 3 of 12 (30,004 Views)

I have the same issue with the exact machine. I disabled the device and noticed no ill effects.

Student
Mike12175
Message 4 of 12 (29,991 Views)

I have the same problem - same machine as well. Brand new out of the box, I happened to go to "Devices and Printers" - and then pushed "add a Device" - and moments later I had a Windows 7 blue screen.

When I rebooted, I opened Device Manager and found that Windows had tried to install Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter - only it showed a yellow error flag. Opening properties reveals that this device did not install correctly - and it indicates that drivers could not be located.

I've tried to troubleshoot this with HP support, but I've been getting a huge runaround. Their "solutions" so far are:

1. Remove the wireless card and then reset it (emailed me a video on how to do this)
  2. Flash the BIOS from the version it shipped with (F.04) to F.03
  3. Asked me if I am trying to install a printer - I am not & never mentioned a printer
  4. Asked me to record the screen and submitt for their review everything up until the blue screen - and then everything after. I did this and received a response that sometimes HP can't help. I should check my system for Windows 7 compatibility.
  5. I had also asked how to get back to BIOS F.04 - and have been told that F.03 is the only one availible.

I'm clearly frustrated with the lack of understing / support at this point - and don't know if I should return the laptop before the 14 day return policy expires. Everything was brand new with Windows 7 pre-loaded a few days ago... now I don't know if I've done damage by working with HP Support.

Any advice from others with this problem? Does HP monitor these boards? Seems clear to me that they sent out a configuration with an issue - and I'm not sure if its' a Windows 7 issue or we need new drivers / BIOS versions from HP.

Would appreaciate anyone's help.

For now, I have found that disabling the device seems to stop errors - or even better, I have done a system recovery to a point before the device was detected. As long as I don't hit "find device" - i don't see it in Device Manager. If I do hit it, I get a blue screen every time it is first discovered.

Top Student
David412
Message 5 of 12 (29,980 Views)

Windows upgrade on dv6915nr

I've decide to wait on upgrading my Vista dv6915nr to Win 7.  HP states on the web site that they are working on drivers and that all may not be available until sometime after the release of Win 7

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01892673&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=4062&pro...

Once a driver or software is qualified for release, HP will add the downloadable version to the Software and Driver Download page for your specific model. To get the latest drivers when they are available, return to the Software and Driver Download page for your model frequently.

For the time being I now need to figure out how to get my DVD Drive working.  Somehow in the effort to upgrade various drivers and programs my DVD is now inoperable.

Honor Student
Jocc
Message 6 of 12 (29,191 Views)

Hello All!

I have the same problem too.

Did you guys useing some other modem?

Im useing a Huawei E220 modem and i guess that makes the problem.

Thank you for your answers!

Jocc

Honor Student
garyzb
Message 7 of 12 (29,174 Views)

I also disabled the device and have not seen any ill effects. Everything seem to be working just fine.
Honor Student
Jocc
Message 8 of 12 (29,146 Views)

So I went after a bit, and i found that, this miniport driver can connect to more avaible wifi network. So its a very usefull to incrase net speed.

I changed some email with HP support and they told me that it needs to be find out if the wifi card is working properly!

I have bought new few day ago this notebook (pavilion 2010eh) and I cold not except that its go bluedie when it founds this driver, and even its not working.

I will tell you what could I acheive!

Jocc

Student
mp95008
Message 9 of 12 (29,057 Views)

I also have the same problem with the same machine.
Honor Student
Jocc
Message 10 of 12 (28,392 Views)

Good News!

My Win 7 updater downloaded a new Atheros wifi driver witch indeed solve the wifi miniport driver problem.

Thank You MS!

best regards,

Jocc

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation