Question

Honor Student
half-free
Message 1 of 2 (637 Views)

wireless adapter dont show up?

hello, i've compaq presario v3417AU. the problem is i've successfully installed all drivers after formatting my laptop but wireless network don't show up. it just appears sometimes.i have installed brodcom wireless driver there. when i use hp wireless assistant, the assistant cannot find it. my friend said that the wireless adapter will show when it detects wireless connection.but now...when i am in wireless area...still it does not showing up. please help me..
Honor Student
half-free
Message 2 of 2 (636 Views)

Re: wireless adapter dont show up?

i can only use the internet on the laptop if it is wired directly to the internet. I have updated the bios and turned on the network there. For some reason it was turned off and I could not get a wired connection either, but I fixed that. But the wireless will still not work. My desktop works with wireless just fine so the router is ok. In the wireless assistant, only the bluetooth shows up. The wireless switch is showing blue on the front of the laptop. In the device manager no adapters are shown to be not working. It seems the adaptors, drivers, whatever, are no where to be seen or are not being recognized. Anyone have any more suggestions? This is ridiculous! I use to be able to keep putting in the drivers each time to get it to work but that doesn't work any more.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation