Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am unable to turn on the wireless button on my laptop. It stays glowing orange the whole time and does not turn to blue when I press it. I have recently installed microsoft office 2010 - perhaps this has something to do with it?

What advice do people have to solve this?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

This can be successful in resolving this issue.  Shut down the PC, remove the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Now hold the power button down for a good 30 seconds.  Now re-insert the battery, plug in the AC Adapter and start the PC.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately this didn't work.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Could you post back with the following.

1.  Your full Model No.  ( ie CQ60-419WM )

2.  Which operating system you have installed.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Operating system: microsoft windows

Model Compaq presario CQ60-111EM

HP Recommended

Hi,

Download the Quick Launch Buttons installer on the link below and save it to your Desktop.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46501-47000/sp46731.exe

When the download has completed, right click on the installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When complete, restart the PC and see if the button now works.

Best wishes,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thanks, but I'll have to wait to try that when I get to work tomorrow and can link my laptop to the internet.

Best

G

HP Recommended

Do you have a linux fix for a CQ60-215DX ?

HP Recommended

Try to use HP Wireless Assistant

HP Recommended

Wireless button got turned off accidentally.  How do I turn it on?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.