Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
my laptop is NEO model# m1110 model basic B3360
HP Recommended
I did this but mine said (Teresa Tunneling Pseudo - interface)
What does that mean please help
HP Recommended
I meant Teredo
HP Recommended

hello sir my lephtop hp 6530b they was not started in wireless connection some eror " wireless capablity is turn off" that why i formte on my computer that after was same problem. 

-   plzzz help me.

HP Recommended

I have an HP Paviion dv7 Notebook with the same problem.

After I updated to Win10, the keyboard  WiFI touch (f12) stop working. In fact it become Switch Airplane mode on/off instead.  Smiley Sad Therefore I got the same error message and the same frustration for the last 4 months or more.

I also went  to the Control Panel, selected the Network & Internet option, click on WiFi menu and turned on the Software button. Then I tried to see available networks, which opens a pop screen that shows that Wi-FI is Off.

The wifi manufacturer is Qualcomm Atheros Communication, Card Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi adapter, version 3.0.2.201 and it shows a Phy MAC - 74-DE-2B-BD-B5-BC

It is really a burden.

Can HP Help ? Can a technicial call me?

Julio Salgado

[Personal Information Removed] 

Switzerland

email [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Hi! @JulioCH, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that you have wireless issues with your laptop.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Please provide the product number and operating system you are running on your PC to assist you better.

Download and Run HP Wireless Assistant on your PC and check if it helps.

Please refer this article to know information about using HP Wireless Assistant.

Also, Try disabling the Wireless in Device manager by right clicking the network adapter and then enable it again after a few seconds

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I got the suggestion, several months ago, to update from Windows 7 to Win 10. After the update the keyboard touch switch for WiFi on/off got corrupted. Today it switched Airplane mode on/off.

As mentionned I have the HP Pavilion DV7 Notebook

Intel Core i7-2670CM  8GB RAM

64 Bit OS x64 based processor

Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b|g|n WiFi Adapter

Drover Version : 3.0.2.201

Driver date: 2/27/2016

Location PCI bus 13, device 0, function 0

LAN adapter -  Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

I did that you suggested, but nothing changed (Try disabling the Wireless in Device manager)

Please let me know how to proceed from here.

Best regards,

Julio

HP Recommended

Hello, @JulioCH

Thanks for the update! I'd like to jump in with a suggestion 🙂

First, open the command prompt as an administrator. Simply search for "Command prompt" and when the search results display the command prompt, right-click and choose "Run as administrator".

Once the command prompt opens, copy the following commands, and press "enter" after each one:

1. netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
  2. netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
  3. netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
  4. netsh int tcp show global  (To Check if All settings have taken effect - Make sure all settings are disabled except Receive-Side Scaling State.)

Reboot the system and see if it works.

Let me know if that works!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

@beccawalter wrote:
I have a HP Pavilion dv6 notebook. How can I turn tje wireless capabilities back on? The network (trouble shooting) is telling me thats the problem.
Thanks so much!

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.